4: A Ball?

Aurora

The sun filtered in through her large window and Aurora whined at the light that was blinding her eyes. She was definitely not a morning person. Annoyed by the streaks of sun hitting her face she attempted to get up and close the curtains but instantly winced as she tried to put pressure on her left wrist. Suddenly the door to the room burst open and Aurora let out a small squeak pulling the blanket up just below her eyes with her right side.

"Finally your awake!" scoffed a maid whilst walking right up to her bed and tugging off the blanket

As soon as Aurora's warm environment has been ripped away from her she instantly remembered where she was and wished that she still had her duvet to crawl back under.

"You know the other girls and I had bets on if you would wake up"  the maid stated and folded up her blanket "too bad I lost 100 sovereign coins" she muttered under her breath with displeasure written all over her face.

When Aurora heard she frowned aswell but there were too many other things to think about like how she had gotten here. As she wracked through her memories trying to remember she only ended up hurting her head causing other girl to roll her eyes and scoff again.

"Anyway since you didn't bother to ask, my name is Everlee" she stated with pinched expression

"Sorry" Aurora apologised in a voice still laced with sleep however inside her head panicking thoughts were rushing through. Was she really being rude? And trying not to sound too demanding She asked "h-how long have I been asleep?"

Everlee looked over at Aurora with a irritated gaze and Aurora was pretty sure that she would have loved to throw her out the window but she put on a fake plastered smile and informed her

"It's the night of the masquerade ball so you've been asleep for 3 days"

"There's a ball ?!" Aurora fretted

"God don't you know anything" she criticised

Instantly Aurora hugged herself self-consciously and murmured a "s-sorry" hoping that the terrible start to her morning wouldn't reflect how the rest of the day was going to go

~~~

Putting her dress on was far more difficult then she imagined. After doing Aurora's hair (in the tightest braid ever) Everlee said she would be back with even more hair pins but she didn't return for hours and Aurora was left alone.

The dress she ended up picking would have looked gorgeous on anyone she thought. It was a pretty white colour that shimmered in the light and the sweetheart neckline wasn't like anything she had ever seen, it was in the shape of a butterfly which was accentuated by pearls sewn along the wings and on the bodice

Getting into it was the easy part but when she was tightening the strings at the back sharp pains shot down her wrist and she had to bite her lip to stops sounds of anguish escaping her as she pulled it in a neat bow.

Her forearm was now littered with red marks that had purple undertones and she clutched her wrist until waves of aching subsided into weird numbness. If her auntie were here she would have shouted "Aurora the appearance of your arm is simply grotesque , cover up!" And the idea brought a frown to her face .

She started looking for a pair of gloves and what felt like an hour later she finally found long white silk ones that covered just enough of her arm when she awkwardly slipped them on, pairing it with a small ring that was packed in her bag and a lace white masquerade mask.

"Come on you don't want to arrive late " Everlee huffed surprising Aurora as she barged into the room

She nodded and sped over to Everlee making sure not to lose sight of her as they walked down the halls

Do all vampires walk so fast?

As they approached large wooden doors held open by two vampires, Aurora went up on her tip toes and took a peak out into the ballroom; gasping when she saw the sheer size crowd. Butterflies started appearing in her stomach!

"Princess Aurora Soare, daughter of the late King Arthur has arrived"