Chapter 42

MADISON POV I was wearing an all black dress and Damon was carrying me

MADISON POV
I was wearing an all black dress and Damon was carrying me.

He put me down and I grabbed Jeremy's hand. He walked me to Jenna's grave first. I placed my flower down and we walked to Uncle John's doing the same.

I saw my parents grave and looked down "Go." Jeremy whispered, I let go of his hand going to their graves.

I place a red roses down on each of their graves "I miss you guys." I whispered choking on a sob.

Damon came and grabbed me picking me back up. I buried my face into his shoulder, tears falling out my eyes.

When the funeral was over Alaric dropped me off with Elena and Jeremy. "Here, John wanted you to have this." Jeremy gave me a letter and a necklace.

He walked away and I sat on my old bed, opening the letter

My dearest Madison,
Though it may not have seemed like it I did love you. From the moment you were born, I knew you were different from Jeremy and Elena and I was right. You're a strong, intelligent, and independent little one. Though you may not be a Gilbert by blood, you'll always be in your heart. Your parents would be proud of you. The necklace is yours, the day after you were born it showed up in your baby bag...You're a Mikaelson, embrace that. I love you and Goodbye, Maddy take care of our family.
Love,
   Uncle John

I tear fell out my eye and onto the paper, I placed it down and started to cry again.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Hey, kiddo." Damon walked into my room, I leaked my head u from under my covers.

"Hey." I whispered "How're you doing?" He sat on my bed "Can I come home, I'm miserable here." I said

"Don't you want to be with your siblings?" He asked "They're not my real siblings." I mumbled.

"Mads, yes they are." He said "No they aren't! I was just put into this family, because I couldn't stay dead!" I yelled.

"Elena isn't my sister! Jeremy isn't my brother! Jenna isn't even my aunt! They're not my family!" I yelled and got out my bed running past him.