chapter fifty-eight

over the course of the week, she'd been trapped inside the house, she could not stop thinking about her friends

she wondered day and night if they were okay, if they missed her, if they thought she left them.

she wanted to run to them and give everyone a big hug and tell them how she's okay and she missed them with all her heart but she couldn't.

she wanted to see jaemin. tell him she loved him and waited for the day they could reunite but she can't. because she doesn't know if that day will ever come.

on day one after her father had left she continued mediating and tried to think back to the day she was drugged. and finally, she found the one memory she didn't know she was looking for.

"he thinks he's so tough doesn't he?" she scoffed, standing up to look outside the door. seeing no one outside, she began tiptoeing out to the kitchen.

she made it far before anything happened. but then while on her way back to her bedroom, she made it to his lab door and heard his speaking. presumably, over the phone.

he was speaking to the other person while on speaker-phone. it proved to be a mistake when jiyoung began listening.

"-has been hanging out with them." she heard an unrecognizable voice say.

her father sighed, "yeah i already know about that boyfriend jaemin of hers and handled it-"

"no, it's not just him. she's been with all of them. they're friends. she's been to their houses and has met their parents. all of them."

her heart sunk at the mention of her friends and she scurried into her room. she scarfed down her food and drink afterward.

before she laid down on her bed, she searched through her bedside table.

"found it," she said in a slurred voice, the drugs already kicking in.

she pulled out an extra sim card she had gotten after thinking she lost her original one. turns out if fell onto the floor and she ended up finding it later after coming back from the phone store.

she stood back up with a small wobble, walking over to her most frequently worn tennis shoes. quickly, she threw the small sim card into the shoe and went back over to her bed, knocking out as soon as she touched the mattress.

she had contemplated for the last few days who she needed to contact. she knew that she couldn't contact her friends or they'd be hurt because of her. she didn't want to contact the police either after overhearing a conversation hyunjoon was having over the phone saying the police knew about them now and weren't going to come for him for some unknown reason to jiyoung.

if she tried to contact her friend's parents that would only end up putting them and their kids in troubles way and she couldn't live with herself if something ever did happen to them because of her.

so instead, she contacted the one person left.

"jiyoung?" hyunjoons voice rang down the hall.

her eyes perched at the sound of his voice. she could feel the way her body was changing hearing his voice. she knew her eyes were beginning to change colors.

"i'm going grocery shopping. don't try and pull anything slick while i'm gone. i still have security cameras everywhere and can get an alert. i'll be back within an hour or two."

she stayed silent as she listened to him through the door. after the first day of being trapped inside, he no longer decided to come inside, only talking to her from outside the door.

she heard his footsteps retreating and getting further from her door, the sound of the front door opening and closing echoing inside the house. her feet found their way to the ground, looking outside to watch his car begin driving away.

she'd tried multiple times to find a way of escaping on her own but there was really no way she could manage to do so.

she walked back over to her bed after seeing his car disappear down the road. her fingers began tapping as she wrote another message.

-

[UNSAVED CONTACT]

he's left

well who she texting