The Hero and the Sword

Third Person POV

It was a normal day, alright? It was just a normal day as Supergirl flew by buildings to get to her destination, her destination being a 9-1-1 near a warehouse. She had nothing to worry about, alright? She was invincible. She was the girl of steel. Freaking steel, for crying out loud. 

She touched down at the crime scene, the asphalt beneath her feet cracking and groaning with the effort of keeping its posture. It was silent. An eerie, silent silence that sent shivers down the heroine's spine as she continued to walk slowly into the darkness of the alley.

A shadow emerged from the brooding darkness of the corner of the alley. He had a green color for a visible heart, places in the center of his body instead of on the left side, where a regular heart would. Kara fell to her knees, realizing the material of the makeshift heart: Kryptonite.

Her comms flickered off as all electricity and power had shut off, spreading for a few blocks of the nearby neighborhood. Her hands turned into a fist, her nails digging into the palms of her hand, groaning in pain. 

Kryptonite. It felt like nails scraping through your veins- it felt like gasoline lining through your veins, through your body, and being lit, spreading this fire inside you that burns and stings so badly that it makes you want to die. 

The man spoke, his voice rough, "My name is Metallo."

Kara struggled to stand, managing to respond breathlessly, "You faked the 9-1-1, didn't you! What do you want with me!" Metallo simply laughed, turning around and walking back into the shadows, returning with a sword made with Kryptonite.

"G'night, Supergirl," he said her name as if it were poison in her mouth. Nevertheless, he stabbed the sword into her abdomen.

Kara gasped. The sword pierces into her skin, the agony set in and she screams. Her knees, which she was already on, collapsed even lower so that she was sitting on her feet. Her cries were silenced by the shortness of her breath, tears sliding down her face as her eyes widen, paralyzed with shock. She fixated her stare on the asphalt, her head roaring with overwhelming pain and shock. She blinked. The wound was still there, the sword sticking in through her. The pain remained, and the despair still roams.

Metallo was smirking, proud of his handiwork as she fell out of consciousness, thinking, "So this is it... this is how I die. Lena, I love you."

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

"What do you mean, she's missing?!" Lena groaned in frustration as she paced her office, phone in hand as she stayed on the phone with her girlfriend's sister.

Alex responded, "She was going to respond to a 9-1-1 call and as soon as she got to the scene, her comms shut off and the power went out. I- well... we went to the... we went to the crime scene and..."

"And what?!"

Alex continued shakily, tears threatening to spill and a lump forming in the back of her throat, "And we found blood that matched Kara's DNA."

"Oh my god..."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

yes, i know this chapter is short. i actually have to leave to get my stitches out in 4 minutes. but this is the last chapter of the story! the sequel will continue on whatever this is... yeah. this is horrible. don't @ me. also, THANK YOU SO FREAKIN MUCH FOR 31K READS! this is insane!