C H R I S T M A S

Every year my mom throws her annual winter ball to try and cover up our own family issues such as my dad cheating on her

      Every year my mom throws her annual winter ball to try and cover up our own family issues such as my dad cheating on her. It's this years cover up mission, dad promised to never see that women again for my mom's forgiveness and of course she gave him another shot. I tucked a piece of my brown hair behind my ear while admiring myself in the mirror, my mom picked my winter ball dress like she does every year.

This year she picked out a long sleeve dress with lace trailing down my back, it was a sparkling white dress. My hair was pinned back with a diamond clip and my daily A necklace was replaced with my grandmas pearls.

"You look just like your mother, beautiful." My dads voice came from behind me, I rolled my eyes and walked over to my desk.

"Thank you." I replied under my breath.

"I never wanted you to find me with another women, my biggest regret is not being there for you as a father when you needed me most." My dad blurts out.

I turned around slowly, This was the first time my dad has talked to me about the incident that occurred at his office.

"I feel as if I have failed you as a father and that's the worst feeling in the world." He grabbed my hands bringing them to his lips, his kisses them before pulling me in for a hug.

"It's not your fault that I am like this." I whispered.

"Don't speak about yourself as if you are bro-"

My dad gets cut off when my mom walks in, she was dressed in a red, tight gown. She looked beautiful as always yet my dads eyes didn't shine when he seen her  like they use too but she didn't seem to notice.

"Shouldn't you guys be downstairs joining the party?" My mom chuckles while kissing my cheek then she leans over to kiss my dad.

I rolled my eyes, I grabbed the end of my dress and started to walk towards the party. I spotted Victoria from the crowd, she was standing next to her parents without Jakob, thank god. I kissed her mom on the cheek and her dad then I gave Victoria a huge hug.

"Merry Christmas, my party animal." Victoria says as she kisses my cheek, I smiled.

This is where I'm suppose to be, with my family and friends yet I couldn't stop thinking about Faust. Soft music played throughout my house, Victoria and I made our way over to the egg nog table, I was hoping the egg nog was spiked just like every other year but this year there was no alcohol.

"My mom is going insane, she literally casted out all alcohol from this party even the stupid egg nog." I frowned.

Victoria relaxed her shoulders while serving herself some nog. "Your mom doesn't want alcohol around especially since you know, you're an alcoholic." She laughs.