23

I know Bakugou technically got house arrest in the show and can't attend classes for a few days, but I'm scratching that.

-----------------------------------------------------------

It was one of those cozy nights, you and your mom sat on the couch covered in blankets, sipping hot chocolate while watching a movie.

"Why is he giving himself up like that? Doesn't that mean that he'll get hurt? Isn't it what the evil guy wants?"

"He's doing it to protect his family, and the one he loves. It's called a sacrifice."

"A sacrifice? But now the bad guys have what they want, isn't that bad?"

"People will go to great lengths to protect those that they love. I know I would do the exact same as he did if it meant that you and your brother would be safe."

"So you'd really protect us? Even if it meant that you got hurt?"

Your mother put her arm around you. "No amount of physical pain would compare to the anguish I would feel if either of you were hurt."

"How?"

"Because I love you both, and we protect the ones we love."

-----------------------------------------------------------

Waking up for class the next day was not an enjoyable experience.

Yesterday had taken a large amount of energy from you, both mentally and physically.

You waited until the last possible second to get out of bed and start getting ready.

When you stood up a sharp pain went through your abdomen, you clutched your hand to it.

What the hell?

Your stomach hurt. The last time you had felt a stomachache like this had been... around 8 months ago.

Well, at least you knew your body had begun to recover from the months of malnourishment.

You put on an outfit and made your way downstairs. Most of your classmates had already begun walking to class, which meant you had to grab something quick from the kitchen.

You settled on a bagel and ate it as you started the five-minute walk to campus.

When you made it to the main building, you walked up the steps and pushed open the doors. When the door opened though, you heard someone grunt.

"Oh my gosh did I just hit you with the door? I'm so sorry."

"It's alright, I probably shouldn't have been standing there in the first place. I'm just waiting for some of my classmates."

Shinsou stepped out into view, he looked the same as he had when you first met him.

"We have to stop meeting like this."

"Yeah, I should probably start paying attention to where I'm going."

He laughed a little. "Are you on your way to class?"

"Yeah sadly, I would kill to just be laying in bed with some good snacks right now."

"Yeah, I can relate. It looks like my classmates are running a little behind, wanna walk up there together?"

"Yeah sure."

The two of you made your way to the stairs.

"So, your class took the provisional license exam yesterday, right? How'd it go?"