chapter 2 - head of the idiots p.2

"Ember, Ember, Ember wake up. We have a meeting." James said as he gently shook the girl awake. However, the girl would not wake. James gave up on waking the girl and instead picked her up and carried her down to the Prefect Compartment. 

The girl felt strong arms go around her body. She snuggled into the person's warmth, feeling their racing heart. She put one of her arms around the person's neck, and one arm on the person's chest. 

When she did this, James felt his cheeks flush and butterflies fill his stomach. He was reaching the compartment and decided he couldn't let her sleep much longer. 

She faintly heard, "Em, hey em, wake up. We need to get ready for the meeting." Once she heard this she shot up, hitting her back on the floor. She looked up to see the one and only. James. Bloody. Potter.

He flashed her a cocky smile, "Hello there scorchie, falling for me are we?  Well it's about time." 

She got up on her own, rolling her eyes as she stood up. "No, just falling Potter. I's have to be insane to fall for you." 

"Well it's time to start the meeting love, as head girl and head boy of course." she whipped her head around to look at his chest, and there it was. His head boy badge. 

"Oh no, no no no no. Merlin, it was supposed to be Remus, not you! I didn't even want to be Head Girl, and now I definitely don't want to be. Oh merlin help me." she ranted. 

"Chill out there Flare. We have a meeting to lead, let's have this dispute later. Hm?" She was shocked to say the least. James Potter caring about something other than pranks and quidditch, utterly unbelievable. But she sighed and went into the compartment anyway. 

"Hello prefects, i'm James Potter, and this is the lovely, gorgeous-" he was cut off by an annoyed Ember. 

"Ember Holland. And your head girl for this year. Listen up prefects, we want a calm year. We will hand out patrol schedules at the first meeting. For those of you who are new, you can take points, but only on your nightly patrols. You can take up to 10 points per house, no more. Please make sure you keep your grades above P's or your position will be given to someone else. 5th years, lead your newbies to you common room once the sorting is over. 6th years, resume your patrols that you had with your partner last year. This meeting is over now. If you have any question you can come to me or Potter. Thanks everyone have great year! Remember our second meeting is in the Prefects bathroom on September 3rd 8:00."

And with that said she walked out pulling James with her. James just stared as his girlfriend to be with awe and amazement. "What Potter." 

James just stuttered, "I- that- that was just- amazing." 

She blushed a bit, "Thanks Potter. Oh umm the reason I pulled you out with me is umm someone carried me here and I uh- don't know where our compartment is." He just genuinely smiled at her, and she smiled sheepishly back at him. 

He eventually led her back to the compartment. She was greeted by a bunch of smirking teens. Sirius spoke up first, "So Holland, how was your carrier." 

"He was nice" James just smiled at her, while Sirius smirked, "Well your ride was this nice young lad right here. Good old Pron-James." He smiled sheepishly at her while she blushed furiously. 

"THAT WAS YOU! OH MERLIN HELP ME!" she covered her face in her hands as she sat on Sirius's lap. 

"It's all right Em, you just wouldn't wake up, so we took it into our own hands." Sirius said to the embarrassed girl while stroking her hair. The embarrassed girl just shoved her face into Sirius's shoulder muffling her laughter. 

"Okay well I need to go find the rest of the crew i'll see you later Sirius, Remus?" Both boys hummed in agreement. 

Before she left James yelled after her, "Hey Scorchie, go on a date with me?" 

"You wish Romeo."