-fourteen-

"All I want is and all I need is
To find somebody,
I'll find somebody like you"

-All I Want (Kodaline)

The Last Task

Cedric smiled brightly as our house cheered for him.

They wore the Hufflepuff house colors, black and yellow, to show their support for their dear champion.

He waved, as Dumbledore signaled it's time to get ready to enter.

The old wizard quickly explained that the task was a maze and they would have to make their way through.

He also mentioned something strange about changes in people caused by the maze.

Cedric made his way to his entrance and stood straight.

He breathed in and exhaled.

He looked back once more at Y/N as she smiled at him encouragingly.

Cedric maneuvered his way through the tall hedges of the maze. Parts of the maze were starting to merge and narrow down the amount of pathways.

After a while of walking and running through the dark and foggy place, he encountered Victor Krum from the Durmstrang school.

Cedric also noticed Harry Potter.

But something was wrong.

Victor Krum's eyes were abnormal.

Krum tried to charge a spell at Potter so Cedric warned him and alerted him about Krum's change.

After they took care of Krum, the two started panting and tried to catch their breath.

Cedric pushed Potter away and started running from the nearby rustling of the leaves, signaling that the maze was closing itself again.

The two started running when they skidded to a stop. The faint glow of the Triwizard Cup was in view.

They both tried to push past each other when Cedric got caught up by vines attaching itself onto his feet, growing over him.

Harry Potter paused and glanced over at him and then back at the cup.

Potter shot a spell at the vines which caused them to wince and draw back.

He held his hand down for Cedric to get up.

As they both stood up, the rustling leaves were coming faster.

They ran hurriedly, breathing hitched, as they finally got the spot where the cup was at.

The two hesitated until finally agreeing to take it together.

Y/N sat in the bleachers, zoning out, as Aurelia went on and on about Draco Malfoy as Alice listened intently.

A flash appeared in the middle of the field near the closed entrances of the maze.

The band started playing a congratulatory tune in support.

There stood Harry Potter and Cedric Diggory, holding the Triwizard Cup, proudly.

Y/N grinned excitedly.

Cedric had won!

She rushed toward him and attacked him with a tight hug.

He tensed up for an instant in surprise and then relaxed in her embrace.

He ran his hand through her hair as he smiled lovingly at her.

"You did it! You won! I'm so proud of you!" She exclaimed as she reached up and kissed him.

Everyone was clapping and cheering for the two champions.

Except for a few people.

Y/N looked over at Mad-Eye Moody.

He looked particularly upset about something.

She started to wonder why but Cedric raised her chin up to face him as he leaned in for another kiss.

"Ahem." Amos Diggory cleared his throat.

Y/N jumped back and stepped away as Cedric was bombarded with pats on the shoulder, chants, cheering, and hugs by his father.

She smiled to herself as Cedric waved her over to his dad so the three of them could catch up.

And for a moment they forgot everything.
The next Wizarding War was upcoming and inevitable. 

But who knew how soon it would arise.