024

November 30th

With the weather getting a little colder, the football season was officially over, giving Levi the release he needed. The almost constant practices and workouts were one big chip on his shoulder, including the actual shoulder injury that required a shoulder brace, but he was glad that it was all over until college next fall. Of course, he was emotional over his last high school football season, but man was he glad for it to be over. He honestly didn't know how he would've survived the season if it weren't for Skye, but he doubted he would ever admit that to her.

Seeing as we were finally done with the thanksgiving holiday and December was tomorrow, it was like wintertime already. Christmas and Hanukkah preparations would begin, and most importantly the snow would start to fall. On top of it all, Skye was coming back to school from Thanksgiving break with a new do, one done with the help of Nini.

Skye and Levi met up with each other in the halls, seeing each other for the first time since the game on thanksgiving. Levi was surprised to see Skye in a completely new hairstyle, but immediately thought she looked good in it. She was also wearing the shirt she and Levi shared as part of their little "custody agreement" with a long sleeve shirt underneath, which Levi also noticed. Skye had seen the shoulder brace on him as well, so it was like they both came back to school with something new about them.

"Hey." They awkwardly said to each other.

"I like your, uh, your braids." Levi stuttered, not wanting to screw up the compliment.

"Thanks, and I like your cast," Skye replied, also feeling the same.

"It's a brace, but thanks?" He said, letting out a chuckle.

"Well, you complimented me and I didn't know what to compliment back with, so." She shrugged.

"Ah, gotcha." Levi nodded. "Shall we go in? To class, I mean."

"We shall." Skye grinned, then the two walked in together, Skye holding the door for Levi to make his life a little bit easier. It was the least she could do considering she jinxed his injury.

As the two walked in, their teacher greeted them, not failing to mention how they were at the top of his class, which they were confused about. "If it isn't my top students."

"Top students?" Levi questioned.

"Yes, I graded assignments over the break and you two are both tied for the highest grade in the class." Their teacher replied, which sparked an idea in the ever so competitive Skye.

"Um, contest to see who's number one at the end of the year?" She proposed.

"Um, yes!" Levi exclaimed.

"Keep it up, you two. By the way, congrats on the game, Levi." He said, then Skye and Levi walked over to their seats after Levi thanked the teacher.

While Skye threw her backpack off her shoulders and set it beside her chair, Levi managed to roll his backpack off his shoulders without having to lift his right arm. For the time being, he couldn't exactly lift it, so he was going to have to do everyday things a lot differently until he healed, which would take at least a month.

"God, we rock," Levi said as he sat down. "We so rock, right?"

"Duh!" Skye exclaimed. "We're literally the dream team."