Chapter XXI - Her

╣╠

"Well you look like yourself

But you're somebody else

Only it ain't on the surface

Well you talk like yourself

No, I hear someone else though

Now you're making me nervous."

You're Somebody Else

Flora Cash

╣╠

Chapter XXI - Her

╣╠

Edmund mounted his horse Phillip, taking Peter's place as the leader of the Army

Edmund mounted his horse Phillip, taking Peter's place as the leader of the Army. No one would blame his brother for not showing. The trauma of losing Ashton was enough to wreck him and now to find out her life has been stolen creates a new form of heartache. And no one loved Ash more than Peter.

The hoof of a horse came trotting up next to him, he looked to his right. His sword and shield we're the his only accessory as he abandoned his crown for the day.

Edmund cleared his throat, "No one would blame you for sitting this one out, Peter."

"I would." He corrected, swallowing hard. "I know you think she's a lost cause but if I see even the slightest bit of Ashton in there, I am going to do everything I can to save her."

I stayed silent, there was no reason to fight with him. Love made the brain foolish. If Peter believed he had to do this, there was no stopping him. Edmund kept his mouth shut as well. Unable to say he wouldn't do the same.

╣╠

There is a certain degree of peace before a storm. When the air is thick and the wind starts to blow. I builts inch by inch until it's over. Battle is nothing like that. Your adrenaline pumps from from the first second, and doesn't disappear until the dead are counted. Spikes of nervous energy flood your body for the flooding days, it's weeks before the backlash stops.

I've trained since I could walk, but this was the worst attack I've walked into. It was personal this time. If we lost today, we lost everything. Our story would never be told.

The front line of defends met in a slash of metal and blood, tearing through each other with the drive or their loyalty. Our eyes were sharp, knowing that the real battle was to come. The first signs of her appeared in the cold chill of the air and then continued as the snow began to fall. By the time white powder covered the ground she made her grand entrance, dressed in all gold armor and a spotless crown to go with it. Something Ash would have thought as over the top and tacky.