《41》𝐚 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐫𝐲 𝐧𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

"bring her home before midnight!" mom yells as you sprint out the door.

kuroo grabs your hand after shutting the front door shut, and we scuttle through the dim neighborhood to his SUV. he opens the passenger door for you, and you hop inside. he enters the seat beside you and turns the engine on, starting the car to warm it up.

you put your seatbelt on. "ayo, rooster head. why won't you tell me where we're going?"

he turns to face you and cocks his head slightly to the left. "I told you, it's a secret."

you frown. "I don't like secrets or surprises," you pout and plop back down onto your seat. "what if you're going to kidnap me and bring me to your secret lair, huh?"

he gasps in amusement. "why would I kidnap you, chibi-chan? you think so lowly of me."

"pfft... no I don't."

he takes each side of your face with his large hand, admiring you before swooping a small peck on your lips. with kuroo still holding your face up to his, he says, "I know. and, I love you."

"I love you."

who would've thought that I would be able to say those three special words so effortlessly? myself three years ago would've been wary of the fact that I can say those words without a doubt. she wouldn't even think I'd make it this far in life as well. but here I am, sitting down with the boy of my dreams as he supposedly takes me to the 'most magical place he's ever been to'. I thought he would be taking me to Disney World, but whatever is okay too.

"It's only a thirty-minute drive, so just relax," he reassures before taking off.

---

you wake up to the slight shake of a large (and beautifully crafted with long fingers with veins bulging through😍) hand. "y/n, wake up."

you look at the time. 10:49 p.m. you groggily turn your head to look at kuroo. "did I really just take a thirty-minute nap?"

kuroo caresses one side of your cheek with his hand. "mhm. it's alright though, we're here."

still half-asleep, you lift your head to look at the foreign scenery outside the window. the car is parked outside at an outdoor parking lot with a handful of other vehicles and people. they are all gathering food and blankets and walking up a trail. the scenery outside shows grass and trees everywhere-- a park perhaps.

"a picnic?" you ask. "in the middle of the night?"

kuroo chuckles. "no, but close. go outside, then you'll see."

you look out the window once more before finally noticing the sky. and it's beautiful. the dark sky is beautifully sparkled with bright and alluring stars-- each one differently sized and vivid than the others. constellations paint the entirety of the canvas so majestically, the stars don't leave any room left for other belongings. every inch you see on the canvas when you expect to see a stretch of the dark sky, you'll find a blazing star that instead takes place.

"stargazing," you mutter.

kuroo smiles at you before removing his keys from the car. he grabs his phone before opening the door to leave. after checking yourself in the visor mirror, you do the same. the trunk automatically opens, and kuroo rummages inside before grabbing a large item and heading out. as you finally plant both of your feet onto the parking lot, kuroo walks up to you before grasping your hand. you two walk side-by-side, holding to one another onto the trail leading upwards in the park.

you pinch his cheek. "so you really aren't kidnapping me, huh?"

"tch."

after walking up the long trail of wooden stairs, you finally make it to another expansive stretch of green land. where everybody has laid large blankets onto the field, you and kuroo do the same. he walks over to a space of land before carefully placing the colorful blanket down. you help him stretch the knitted piece of art out.