Bonus Chapter - Pups

I lifted my hand, the ink that I had been using now staining the entire side of my hand. I sighed, grabbing a tissue and running it over the skin, clearing the ink.

I stared at the masses of paper around me. I had been going through files. While I was satisfied with the progress I had made in Gyabo for now, more needed to be done for the rural packs, and seemingly, that's all I had been doing. Coming up with solutions, Identifying the problems, making announcements and travelling there myself.

Once again, I had a headache, and my stomach was churning. I had been feeling sick, constantly. I hadn't been sleeping and had not even a moment to rest. Maddox was always on my case about it, only last week had he ripped me from my desk and kept me on our bed until I was completely and utterly asleep.

A wave of nausea hit me, and suddenly, I was running to the bathroom. I threw open the door and collapsed onto the floor, emptying the entire content of my stomach into the porcelain bowl.

This was the 5th time this week. And honestly, I was starting to get really sick of it. I slid my hand into my pocket, pulling out my phone and dialling the number,

"Elora, what's going on-"

"Don't ask questions, but I need you to go and buy me something." I heard the person on the other line sigh before agreeing.

Once I had told them what I needed, I clicked the red button on my screen, hanging my head and continuing to throw up.

------------------------------------------

After what felt like an eternity, I heard a knock at the door.

"Elora-"

"ELORA LYNN LANCASTER, YOU BETTER HOPE THIS ISN'T FOR YOU!"

I slid open and pulled open the door, revealing Elijah and Isaiah standing at the doorway.

I gave Elijah a look, "Well, there isn't anyone else in the room."

Isaiah handed over the small box.

"Thank you, Isaiah, you're a lifesaver." I gulped, pulling myself up and sitting on the top of the toilet.

Isaiah nodded, clearly uncomfortable. "Um, is it for you?"

I rolled my eyes, "Look, I've been feeling sick for ages, I've been throwing up every morning and I've got all the symptoms. I'd rather check now than have Maddox cart me off the hospital because he thinks I'm dying, God knows I've come close enough to that point already."

The pregnancy test shook in my hand. 

Isaiah sighed, "Have you and Maddox been... trying?"

"No!" I blurted out, "He seemed to have finally dropped the subject. Trust me, if we were, my brothers wouldn't have been the people I called to bring me a pregnancy test."

"I don't see why this is even an issue, Elora since I doubt you and Maddox have even done anything," Elijah said confidently.

My mouth gaped open. "Eli, Maddox and I have been married for two years,"

Elijah blinked, "Elora-"

I shook my head, "You know what? Get out, wait outside for a moment while I pee. Maybe give yourself a second to think that one through."

Isaiah pushed Elijah out, smacking him over the head as he shut the door behind the two of them. 

I pulled the test out, my hands shaking as I stuck the test between my legs.