Prologue

I had finally found him. I was trying my best to control my breathing as it echoed against the walls of the the isolated room we were in. It was hard to keep up with his pace. He seemed to have heard my ragged intakes of oxygen after all that running and it was just my luck that my local service provider texted me and sent my phone off chiming in my pocket. He stopped in his tracks as I quickly scanned the dim room for a place to hide. I slipped into a small space behind a post which folded a few inches off the wall. His footsteps bounced off the dull white walls as he got closer.

We made eye contact. He shook his head and laughed nonchalantly while I searched to find my voice. I was a bit panic-stricken. Why was I even doing this?

'You look so pleased to see me,' he commented on my fear. 'You know, I saw you reflect on so many car windows on my way here and I knew for sure it was you because that Love Spell scent of yours...' He inhaled sharply. 'Glorious, I miss it. I miss you. I'm sorry and I really miss you.'

He was right before me. His dark eyes searched mine questioningly and he asked the dreaded question, 'Do you forgive me?'

I just stared at him blankly, but alot was going on in my head. What was I to do? Should I? He was the one who ---

I cut those thoughts off as he slowly inched his face closer and closer until our noses touched. I couldn't even think straight anymore. I didn't know if he was about to do what I thought he was about to. He brought his palms to my cheeks, caressing. I felt the tension slowly sliding away and I was quite aware that his hand slipping onto my shoulder. 

I barely whispered 'yes' when his hands tighted around my neck. With that, everything went dark and silent.