Seven

My first and last homecoming week.  

Everyone went all out for the dress-up days.

Monday was neon day, Tuesday was color wars between the classes, Wednesday was 70s day, Thursday was safari day, and Friday was spirit day.

I had so much fun dressing up each day, but Logan and I had more fun thrifting to find things to wear to school.

But in the midst of the excitement of homecoming week, I was distracted by trying to connect the dots of what happened.

Four months before the accident
Everything has just felt off. I've been trying to keep a good face for the girls but it's hard to do that when your husband is rarely home. He'd rather go out and gamble away our money than be a good father and husband. I don't know what to do. I missed the good ole days.

Brennan's lead with Albert did help because I was able to connect with my dad's old accountant who I'd been begging to send me his old bank account record. I said that I desperately needed it for my FAFSaaa and I just prayed that they'd get back to me.

'Cause, this could be the biggest break in a long time.

I got my head back into a fun senior mood on Saturday morning.

Logan and I pampered ourselves with nail, hair, and makeup appointments. Plus we got lunch from our favorite sushi spot.

"How are you getting home if I'm dropping you off?" my Abuela questioned me as I adjusted my hair.

"Ivy is going to drop me off. She lives on the next street over." I explained.

She nodded her head. "Are you going to stand up and let me see the dress?"

"You saw it before I bought it!" I reminded her.

"It wasn't the same. Before your hair was all over the place and now you look very put together." she defended herself.

I put on a little more lipstick before I stood up and showed her the dress. It wasn't super bedazzled or poofy like the dresses that I saw on Pinterest. But it was me.

The dress was strapless and burgundy. It was a bodycon dress with a ruffle at the bottom. IIi paired it with a dainty necklace that my mom got me for our last Christmas together. simple gold hoops, and nude sandal heels.

"Oh my Ryan, you look beautiful!" she complimented me. "Come on, I need to get a picture with you and Logan before you go."

Logan had a gorgeous lavender that looked good with her dark brown hair and tan skin. We took pictures on the patio together before we headed to our friend's houses.

We were taking pictures at Adler's house and I couldn't take my eyes off of Brennan. He looked so handsome and good in his suit.

"Abuela this is Brennan's mom, Valerie." I introduced them to each other.

I don't think it mattered if Valerie DuPont was going to Walmart or the Country Club, she was going to dress to the nines.

"It's so nice to meet you! Brennan is an amazing boy who is oh so handsome." my Abuela bragged on him.

I watched his cheeks get all rosy and my heart fluttered. 

"I'm glad to hear that." Valerie gave her a tight-lipped smile. "I'm off to dinner with your dad, Brennan. Have fun but not too much fun."

My Abuela gave Brennan and me a hug before they both left.

"Are you ready to party tonight?" Brennan turned to me.