Chapter 47

We lie in bed in silence as Savitar traced lazy circles on her arm. It wasn't an awkward silence. It was more like I just want to lie here and enjoy your company silence. I laid my head on his chest, not quite asleep but not quite awake either. Both of them hadn't gotten any sleep that night, and it was almost dawn now so why bother?

"Cait, can I ask you something?"

"Mm-hmm," I mumbled, my eyes still closed.

"I think we should go back to Central City." He said. I could feel him fidgeting.

I chuckled. "That's not a question."

"I'm serious."

That got my attention. I opened my eyes and shifted to look at him. "What? Are you serious?"

He stopped tracing circles on my arm and looked back at me. "There's nothing for me here and I know you're going to go back after I settled down here but—I don't want you to leave. I need you."

I knew I was gaping at him but I couldn't help it.

He leaned forward and kissed me. "Think about it alright?" He murmured against my lips.

"Savitar, is this what you truly want?"

He thought for a moment then nodded. "There's no place like home." He said with a smirk. "Although I have mixed feelings about that place."

I laid my head back on his chest. "Then we'll go back."

"That's it? No big argument from you?"

I leaned forward and bit him gently on the lip. "None. Although just to be sure, if you only want to go back because of me, you shouldn't. Do it for yourself alright?"

He kissed my palm and bit it gently, making me gasp in longing. "Will do ma'am." He whispered, grinning.

"Alright then. I'll let Cisco know so that he can open a breach for us." I said and sat up with difficulty wrapping a blanket around me. I didn't want to leave his side.

Savitar sat up as I reached for my phone to sent a quick text to Cisco. He hugged me from behind while I texted him.

"We should explore the city one last time before we leave," I whispered and shuddered as he pressed kisses to my neck. "Savitar we have to pack as well."

"You do remember I'm a speedster right? We have all the time in the world. Let's stay in bed for a bit longer."

I opened my mouth to argue but Savitar stopped with a kiss and that immediately shut me up.

I pushed him down on the bed and bit down on his neck, smiling as he gasped in pleasure.

It was going to be a while until they get anything done.
~
After some time had passed, Savitar went back to his room to shower, while I decided to make tortilla Espanola for breakfast. I yawned and wrapped my robe around me. Both of them didn't get any sleep. She was going to have to catch up on sleep when she was back in Central City.

Suddenly her phone beeped and she yelped. Gosh, she was jumpy. I braced myself when I looked at who was calling.

"Hi," I said with a tiny voice.

"Caitlin is it true that you're coming back here?!"

I put my phone away from my ear as several voices boomed through the speaker. She could hear her friends in the background as Barry practically yelled through the phone.

"Yes, and why do you have Cisco's phone?" I asked.

"I took it from him." Replied Barry casually as if this was a normal thing. In a way it was. She smiled as she heard Cisco cursing in the background and Joe scolding him.

"So I assume the gang's all here."

"Of course we are. We're so happy you decided to come back, but your message also said Savitar's coming as well? What's up with that?"

I took a deep breath. "Yeah, it's kind of a long story."

"Does this have anything to do with that advice I gave you?" Asked Barry suddenly. I could practically imagine him smirking, and my face suddenly felt hot.

"Well...um.."

"Hold on."

She heard a rustle and everything went quiet.

"Ok, I'm back. You can talk freely now. I sped to the pipeline so that the others won't have to hear what we're talking about."

She felt a rush of gratitude and beamed. "Thanks, Barry. For everything. I'm glad I listened to you."

"Oh, you're welcome, Cait. I'm just glad everything worked out between you two and that you took my advice. My advice is awesome."

"That's true," I said with a laugh. I felt so giddy I didn't even think of anything witty to say back to him.

"Tell me the deeds."

I laughed. "Since when do you say "deeds" Barry?"

"Since just now."

"There's not much to say really." I glanced up as Savitar padded into the room, smiling at her. His hair was sticking up from the shower and she felt her blood rush.

"I have to go. Tell Cisco to open up a breach in an hour." She heard Barry say something but she already ended the call.

"That was Barry. He just wanted to confirm that we're coming back."

"Mmm-hmm." Savitar walked up to her and kissed her shoulder.

I let out a pleased sigh. "Do you want to help me make this tortilla Espanola?"
~

They laughed and talked and she felt so at ease with Savitar.  He was also a great cook. Somehow, the tortilla Espanola he made, tasted even better than the one she made before. But of course, she wasn't going to admit that to him.

I opened the fridge and groaned. "Dang it, we're out of milk."

"Don't fret, I'll go buy some."

I raised an eyebrow and he whooshed out of the room. A second later, he was back.

"I forgot the money."

I smiled and gave him some. He grinned and winked at her before whooshing out of the room.

A couple of minutes later, while I set the table, he was back.

"You got the milk?"

He nodded and poured two glasses as I dropped some ice into the glasses.

"I got something for you," he murmured after a moment.

I blinked at him and he reached into his pocket and pulled out a necklace.

I inhaled sharply. "Savitar, it's gorgeous."

He smiled and stepped towards her as I turned my back to him so that he could put it on.

"Hopefully this is nicer than the one you used to wear when you know..."

He trailed off but I knew what he meant. When she had to wear the necklace to keep herself from turning into Frost. She was glad Frost destroyed it.

I shivered as he slowly put my hair back and his fingers brushed against my neck as he put the necklace on.

I turned towards him and smiled slowly, maintaining eye contact with him.

I heard him take a shuddering breath as leaned forward to kiss her. My arms wrapped around his neck automatically, the kiss turning wild.

I pulled back with difficulty after a moment. "Savitar, we should finish our breakfast, Cisco will be opening the breach soon," I murmured against his lips.

"Yeah alright." They ate breakfast in silence and Savitar didn't take his eyes off of her the whole time.