𝙱𝚒𝚝𝚝𝚎𝚛 & 𝚂𝚠𝚎𝚎𝚝

"K-Kei-kun... I can'tㅡ"

Her soft pants and the low rumbling of the air conditioner is all that fills the room.

Even though her body feels cold, she can feel the temperature rising up to her cheeks every second that pass by  while she's laid down on her bed.

It's too much for her. There's only so much she can take.

"You need to take it all."

Y/N whined and shook her head in protest, trying to hide her face with her hands but Kei got a hold of her wrists with one hand and pinned them down over her head.

"No more~ please..."

It's no surprise that her small wrists fits perfectly with his large hand as he hovered on her small frame.

"Open up. Now."

"B-but Kei-kunㅡ"

"No buts, Y/N. Be a good girl and open up."

His voice full of authority as well as his eyes as they bore on her own pair.

Y/N knows Tsukishima for too long and she knows full well how impatient he can get, or how he hates repeating himself.

If he did, he'll surely take things to his own hands. And that's not good.

When she didn't obey, his hooded eyes squinted at her that made her gulp.

Y/N shut her eyes tightly as she slowly part her lips to open them.

It only took a second for her to feel the warm drops of liquid on her tongue that almost made her throw up at how bitter it tasted.

Kei finally let go of her wrists at the final drop of the liquid. Her hand immediately flew on her lips with her teary eyes.

"Don't be so dramatic."

"B-but it tastes so bad."

Y/N pushed herself up so her back can lean on the headboard of the bed.

"Who gets a cold in a summer anyway? Ah. I remember. Only idiots like you."

He made sure to close the lid with the dropper on the medicine bottle on the bedside table.

As soon as his mom heard that she have a cold, Kei's mom told him to check up on Y/N since her parents aren't home like the usual.

He found her curled up under her comforter shivering. So the first thing he did is to wake her up, made sure that she eat the porridge his mom made before she take her medicine.

That's always the hardest part whenever she gets sick.

She refuses to drink her medicine all by herself and he always needed to force her to, or if not, he'll resort to threatening on burning her anime collection like the original dvds and posters.

Sitting by the bed, Y/N noticed how Kei is struggling on peeling the apples so she took the knife and apple from him.

"Sometimes it surprises me that you can solve a complicated Math problem but can't even peel an apple."

She can only chuckle as Kei shot her a glare.

"I need to go home early since our bus will leave early tomorrow."

After slicing the apples, she handed one to him which he ate right away.

"That's okay. Mom said that she'll come home today so I'll be fine. Don't worry."

She reached on top of his head to pat his crown lightly with a smile. He didn't say anything and just finish eating another slice of apple she peeled for him.

He finished the apple all by himself just in time that he needed to go home.

"Good luck on your game tomorrow, Kei-kun!"

Before he can turn the knob and leave her room, Y/N tried to cheer for him even with her hoarse voice.

He stayed by the door for a moment before turning back on his heels to her bed and lean down to press his lips over the cold patch on her forehead.

The action rendered her speechless and only realised that he's already gone when she heard the door of her bedroom closed.

-----

Y/N stirred up from her sleep after a couple of hours. Looking at the clock, it reads 12:32 am so that means she fell asleep right after Kei left.

And as usual, her parents didn't come home again.

They're always away for work that she's always left alone in their house ever since they moved in to Miyagi.

She understood anyway. But sometimes it just gets lonely being alone in a big house.

The good news is that her body feels much better and her temperature dropped to normal again.

Since she only ate a porridge earlier, her feet dragged her down the stairs to the kitchen to see if there's anything she can eat aside from sweets and take outs.

She stopped on her tracks when she noticed that the TV at the living room is open so she walked towards it to turn it off.

I guess I forgot about it earlier.

The remote control is in the coffee table so she needed to walk around the couch just to get it.

It's only an arm's length when she noticed a sleeping figure on the couch. His yellow head resting on a throw pillow and his glasses still on.

She crouched down to get a better view of how his face is still scrunched up even while sleeping that left her chuckling silently.

"Thank you, Kei-kun."

She softly whisper her gratitude.

So she wasn't alone after all.

xx