Hocus Pocus... I am your angel

Claire

I settled for the black leather jacket and black leather pants. It was so cold in Manhattan today and I needed to meet someone for the next job I had to handle. I sat on my motorbike and headed for wall street. Everyone was busy, it wasn't called ' the city that never sleeps' for anything. I sped past a middle-aged woman as she gave her baby a bottle. Well, I presumed it was a baby since it was in a stroller.

The cars, the tall buildings, the asphalt roads, the movements of people on a Monday morning satisfied me. I stopped as the traffic light turned red and looked at either side to see to Range Rover cars beside me. After waiting a while the light turned green and I zoomed past them, leaving them to their world. I decided to stop and walk to the bridge for a couple of minutes before heading to the warehouse.

I removed my helmet, trying to tilt my neck a bit. Immediately I got to the bridge I saw a man, he was in a lavender shirt and brown khaki trousers. I thought about what a bad combo that was. I looked around the city, taking in the view when I realised that the man was not there for sightseeing, but to end his life. I shouldn't have cared, I never do. But I ran after him when he jumped. Immediately I fell into the water, I searched for him. He was floating, trying his best to die, trying his best not to continue facing the problem he had. I raised him by the armpit and dragged him out of the water. After reaching the bank, I gave him a mouth to mouth resuscitation. He coughed out the water so many times, panting and trying to catch his breath. I rolled my eyes at his silliness and removed my leather jacket leaving my white satin crop top. He opened his eyes slowly and stared up at me.

I gave him a fake smile and winked.

" Hocus Pocus... I am your angel. " I told him and he groaned in anger giving a sarcastic smile.

"Lucky me," he said and tried standing up. But he couldn't.

"Attitude much" I huffed and squeezed the water out of my jacket. I threw it on again and placed my hands in my side pockets.

"Why kill yourself? I have heard of murder but it has been long since I saw suicide" I uttered and looked at him. I didn't even understand why I was still there, because I know I didn't care. He just intrigued me a lot. His honey-brown eyes held a lot of sadness.  

"That's for me to know, and you to shut up" I cocked an eyebrow at his arrogance

"Rude much" I simply said, leaving him on the floor with his legs propped up and his hand hugging it. I didn't look back. I simply walked and walked until I reached my motorcycle. I hopped on and faded away. I felt the need to leave this episode of my life at the banks where I saved that guy.

*
When I got to the warehouse, they were already there. I got down, took off my helmet and walked up to them. They were in a black SUV. Everything about them smelled like the government. They rolled down their tinted window and handed me the file and a brown envelope. The envelope was filled with freshly printed notes.

"Everything you need is in it" A male voice spoke and I nodded, leaving them. When I got to my apartment room, I placed last night's take out in my microwave and went into my room.  I pressed the small button in the wardrobe and the different compartments holding all types of weapons came into view. I took out my Barrett M82A1 and my revolver, grabbed a glass of juice from the fridge.

I sat on the floor in my almost empty and messy apartment. I never buy any furniture, because I don't stay in one place for long. My job requires that I travel. I placed all the guns down and slurped down juice. The microwave beeped and I went over to retrieve my takeout. I put a huge chunk in my mouth and started dismantling my sniper. After which I meticulously cleaned it, checking if everything was intact all the while eating. I did the same with the revolver and left it on the floor a while.

I got into the shower, I had to kill someone this evening and I don't want to be late, ever.

I wore my usual black leather jacket and leather pants, pairing it up with my black stiletto.

I arranged the guns, placed everything inside its bag and took my secret ingredient, lollipop. Sitting in my black Benz, I sped away to a dinner party being held on the roof of a business man's building at Houston street.

Immediately I got there, I accessed the vicinity and got the perfect spot on the top of a construction company. I did my magic and found my way up the building, well, the roof to be precise. The building was direct across the house and I found it weird but shrugged it off. After all, what did I care? I thought.

I set up my Barrett M82A1 and aimed at the blonde Forty-year-old man's head. He was the one in the picture, the one whose death sentence had been signed by someone who didn't want anything to do with his existence. I didn't care, my job was to kill, but I saved a life. My mind trailed off to this morning and quickly returned.

With the target clearly in sight, I took my shot. I saw people run in different directions trying their best to save their lives.

"Human beings" I chuckled at their willingness to save themselves.

And just like I came, I left into the deep darkness of the night, where I belonged.

Aaaaaaaarhhhhhhh!!!!! I can't believe I was able to write the first chapter, I really, nearly had a writer's block. I don't know if you liked the first chapter but I will make sure the next chapters will be a blast.

I have decided to write this book in two parts, so the chapters will be short.

Please don't forget to vote, share and comment.