𝚃𝚎𝚗𝚜 & 𝚃𝚑𝚘𝚞𝚜𝚊𝚗𝚍𝚜

"U-Ukai-shaaan! Ewm sho habbyyy!"

Their advisor slurred and stumbled on his words after his 3rd round of beer, wiping his eyes with the sleeve of his jacket.

The team who'll represent the prefecture on the upcoming National Tournament is already decided. Karasuno, who won against Shiratorizawa in a very close call.

It was the team's first 5 set game but it doesn't even look like they're worn out or even a tad bit tired from the long sets they had.

Every audience can't seem to stay on their seats on how intense the game was, specially the surprise they all had that Karasuno is actually a good team after years of being called 'the flightless crows'.

The boys proved them wrong by giving an intense and heart stopping game to everyone.

Little accidents were not avoided as well when Tsukishima's fingers needed to be bandaged from blocking Ushijima's spike.

But all went well in the end. Karasuno is going to the National Tournament, and holding a celebration of their victory is a must.

Tanaka and Nishinoya just got scolded by Kiyoko for sleeping on the table and in front of their food.

But after hearing that the pastry club made a cake for the team, they both perked up and started to grab their own servings of their strawberry flavored cake.

"This is the best, L/N-san! Thank you for the cake!!"

Hinata thanked her before taking another bite of his cake.

Y/N was welcomed by the team to join their celebration for the help they received from her during her free time.

"Kei-kun~ you can have this if you want."

Knowing that Tsukishima likes strawberries, Y/N offered the strawberry from her slice but he declined by shaking his head.

She happily ate her last strawberry instead and while Y/N and Yachi are in their own conversation, she went back to her cake to find 2 more slices of strawberry on her plate that lit her face up, breaking in a wide smile.

"Waitㅡ Where's my strawberry?! Oi Hinata!"

"I didn't eat it!"

And as the usual, the two broke in a fight again just to be scolded by both their coach and their captain.

The sun is already setting when they all decided to call it a day and head home so they can all take a rest.

They were given a day off from their trainings so their bodies can prepare for the upcoming nationals.

One by one, everyone went their own way expect for some of them who decided to grab some buns from their coach's store right after having a feast. And they dragged even Yamaguchi with them.

"Kei-kun. Does your hand still hurt?"

Y/N asked in concern since she saw how it bled earlier when they rushed to the gym's infirmary.

"No. I will not die from just a single scratch."

"I know. You'll still be able to play volleyball and that's a good thing, right?"

Kei can still remember the moment when he managed to block one of Ushijima's spike.

It was just one block. But the impact on his hands never felt so good than from any other balls he blocked in their previous games.

It's a matter of whether 'that moment' exists for you or not... If you experience that moment, it'll really get you hooked on volleyball.

That moment just came to him during that game. Right?

But he only managed to block one of the many spikes it still irked him how he can't do more.

"You're so cool everytime you block them, Kei-kun!"

Tsukishima glanced at the smaller girl walking beside him.

"I think just being able to touch the ball and not completely block them is already amazing since you're giving a chance for your team to score too. I mean... I'm not good at volleyball or as knowledgeable as Yachan, but seeing you play volleyball makes you a thousand times cooler, Kei-kun!"

She showed and hold up her fingers on him with a beam, and a soft chuckle.

"That's only 10, idiot."

A pout was replaced on her lips in protest at pointing out the obvious on her, bringing her hands back down to her sides.

"You know what I mean, Kei-kun~ I only have 10 fingers but if you count my feet so that's another 10 fingeㅡ"

Y/N stopped from rambling when Tsukishima's bandaged hand slipped on hers.

He wasn't able to lock his bondaged fingers with hers but his thumb lightly grazed on the back of her hand. Holding her small hand on his injured one as much as he can.

"This is a thousand."

Y/N can feel her cheeks warmed up at the gesture and his words.

She may not be able to meet his eyes or see the expression he have since he's looking away from her direction, she's glad that he can't see how red she may have been as they silently, and slowly walk their way back home.

Hand in bandaged hand.

xx