xxxiii.

Walking down the hallways of the castle, her mind is filled with thoughts

Walking down the hallways of the castle, her mind is filled with thoughts. She had spend a whole three days trying to build up the courage to go to him, but even as she considered doing it now, she was scared. She hadn't talked to him in two weeks, even though it felt much longer to her. She is slowly making her way to the Great Hall, hoping he'd be there so that she could force herself into talking to him.

Her heart rate increases the closer she gets to the Great Hall, she even feels it in her throat. She bites her lip nervously as she stops in the doorway, looking around for any signs of him. Fortunately for her, she sees him with the others. Peter is the first to notice her and he nudges Sirius to look up, making them all look at her. She is starting to feel anxious and her breath gets shallow, making her stumble back.

Unable to catch her breath, she turns around and leaves. Her eyesight turns blurry and she can hear her heartbeat. Everything seemed to be spinning and she felt the same lightheaded feeling from potions class again. She is unsure where she's going, all she knew is she had to get as far away as possible.

She feels a hand wrap around her wrist and she starts to panic, but before she can do anything the person drags her to an empty hallway and leans her against the wall. As she looks up, her heartbeat increases and her eyes widen. Sirius looks down at her in worry, as he notices her shallow breathing and teary eyes.

"Cassie. Breath. Just breath slowly, in and out." He says calmly, making her shake her head and look down. He cups her face in his hand and makes her look up at him. "Look at me. Everything is going to be fine. Just breath. Follow my breathing."

She slowly starts to inhale and exhale at the same time as him, her heart rate slowly going back to normal. The lightheaded feeling disappears and her anxious feeling turns into numbness. She closes her eyes and the tension in her body drops. Sirius relaxes a little as he sees that she is okay now, making him wipe away the tears on her cheeks.

"I, uh. Thank you." She clears her throat, pulling away from him, causing him to drop his hands. "I should go."

"Don't. Please." He says softly and she opens her eyes again, looking up at him. Her heart shatters to see how broken he looked. "Can we please talk?"

"I don't know." She hums starting to back out again of talking to him. She looks down nervously, not being to look him in the eye.

"Sunshine, you have to believe me when I say that I would never kiss another girl. You're the only one for me." He says firmly and she takes a deep breath.

"I know." She admits, making him look at her in shock. "Regulus told me that it was two Slytherins that had taken Polyjuice. I'm still confused as to how they got it in such short time."

"Then why didn't you come back?" He asks weakly, and she sighs.

"Because I'm scared. Scared that you realised there is better than me. Scared that you'd hate me." She replies honestly and he shakes his head.

"No. No. You're the most kind, loving, caring person I know. Not to mention most beautiful girl I've ever met." He says softly, making her blush slightly.

"What's your point anyway?" She asks softly, making him put a finger under her chin and make her look up at him.

"My point is that I love you." He says firmly, making her look at him with wide eyes and her breath to get caught at the back of her throat. "Merlin's beard, Cassie. I love you so much. You're the one for me. And I could never, hate you. You make me the happiest person ever and I can't imagine my life without you."

"Sirius." She breaths out, feeling completely speechless. He leans down and rests his forehead against hers, closing his eyes. His hand moves up to hold her jaw. Tears roll down her cheeks, as she lets out a breathy chuckle. She grabs his tie and pulls him down to connect their lips. He is shocked at first, but he soon kisses her back. He wraps his free arm around her waist and pulls her closer. She pulls away slightly and looks up at him. "I love you, too."

"You do?" He asks in disbelief, making her nod with a soft smile and he grins, before reconnects their lips. "I love you. I love you."

"I love you, too." She giggles and he smiles as he wipes her tears away. He pulls away and takes her hand.

"Do you want to go back to the Great Hall or do you want to get away?" He asks with a beam, having the happiest grin on his face, making her giggle.

"Maybe let's get back." She says softly and he nods, pulling her close to him as they walk back. "Do you think they'll be mad at me?"

"Merlin's no. Don't worry. All that matters is that you're back." He says happily, making her blush. She felt complete again. They walk into the Great Hall and their friends notice them, making them grin.

"Are we good?! Is my daughter back?" James shouts happily, making Sirius look down at her to see her grinning. She lets go of him and runs towards James, who stands up and opens his arms for him. She tackles him into a hug, causing him to stumble back a little and wrap his arms around her. "I missed you my child."

"I missed you too mom." She says teasingly, making James gasp happily.

"She called me mom." James cries out dramatically, making everyone laugh. "All jokes aside, I'm so glad you're back. We really missed you."

"I missed you guys too." She says softly as she pulls away from James and looks at the others.

"Honestly I was worried I'd never get my chess partner back." Dorcas says with a wide smile and Cassiopeia giggles, happy to be back with her friends... or rather, back with her family.