𝙿𝚒𝚗𝚔 & 𝙶𝚊𝚕𝚊𝚡𝚢

Winter break is just around the corner as well as the start of the National Competition for the volleyball team.

It's been months now as well when when Eiji found out that it was Y/N's birthday but didn't have the guts to even greet the girl.

So when he overheard the conversation the other day that her gigantic boyfriend who looks like godzilla gave her that bunny keychain hanging on her phone, he knows he needed to step up his game.

Not that he wanted to get in between their relationship since he still respect it.

He just wanted to relay how he really felt for the girl before vacation starts again.

Or worst, highschool ends without him confessing his unrequited crush towards the girl.

"L-L/N-san! D-do you have some time a-after school?"

Eiji gathered enough courage to approach her desk before their last period starts.

With wide eyes, Y/N looked up from the snack under her desk that she was secretly eating since earlier.

The History class was just too boring for her that day that instead of falling asleep in class, she thought that some gummy candies will keep her up the whole hour and 30 minutes.

And it did. To add that she made it through without getting caught.

"I don't have any club activities after class. Do we have school committee meeting today?"

She popped another gummy candy and munched on it while looking at the boy standing beside her desk with his head bowed down, and face all flushed as always.

"N-no. I... I just need some h-help with the pa-paper works."

"Sure! Oh. Do you want some?"

Y/N offered the opened bag of the gummy treats to him with a smile.

With shaky hands, Eiji reached inside the bag and pulls out a gummy bear. He immediately bowed and sprinted back to his seat where his friends have been watching the interaction.

"You did a good job, man."

One of his friends with the eyeglasses, pats his back while his head is ducked on the table to hide his flushed face, and the gummy bear still in his hand.

Everyone knows that little crush he have for the girl. Who wouldn't notice how their confident class representative always stutter whenever he's in front of Y/N.

Well, everyone noticed but Y/N.

But as she promised, she stayed behind to help Eiji with the remaining paperworks that was passed down to them by the student council.

They joined 2 desks together so it will be easier for them to move around with Eiji sitting right in front of Y/N.

They're currently compiling and summarising the suggestions from the club applications for their year when the brown haired boy decided to break the silence.

"S-so... I h-heard that i-it was your birt-birthday.."

He took a glimpse at the girl writing on one of the white sheets on her table.

"Mhm. That was like 3 months ago. I don't really celebrate my birthday so only a few knew about it."

"I-is that so?"

He let out an awkward chuckle, thankful that the girl is too busy to notice how nervous he is just by being alone with her. Or how his heart wanting to jump out of his chest.

Y/N stretched up her arms as she grabbed on the last paper work.

Before the lead of her mechanical pencil meets the paper, she noticed a small string pouch on top of the paper that she looked at the boy before her.

"Ha-happy birthday... belated."

The boy is looking anywhere but her with the warmed crawling from his neck to his ears.

Inside the pouch, there's a set of 6 hairpins in different designs, from a little pink flower to galaxy and planets.

She stared at them in pure awe and admiration.

Eiji glanced at her to see the girl's reaction to see one of the hairpins clipped on her hair. The little pink flower.

"They're beautiful. Thank you, Eiji-kun!"

She smiled widely in gratitude for the gift she received, which the boy returned with one of the most genuine smiles she saw on him.

-----

"He did it. That coward finally did it."

One of Eiji's friends who's peaking behind the classroom door wiped his tears away, followed by a sniffle from 2 of his other friends.

"Eeh? So he finally did it, huh?"

"Yeah. He finally gave it to heㅡ"

Their heads slowly turned to the unfamiliar voice behind them to see a tall blonde guy looming over them with his arms crossed over his chest.

"Do you mind relaying a message to that rotten tomato? Tell him to meet me outside."

The three nodded rapidly. And before the tall guy left, he turned to them once again with a smirk.

"Oh. Tell him it's from Tsukishima Kei."

-----

*****

*****

A/N: Because I know most of you guys love our boy Eiji and someone requested for it (I'm sorry, I forgot your name... please don't kill me).

Still undecided as well if I should just create a second book or just compile all of it in this book...

xx