𝐎𝐍𝐄

"HAVE you packed all your belongings properly into your trunk?" My mother asked as she gazed at me fully, looking back at all my luggage

"Yes, I have, I packed last night and double-checked everything in the morning," I spoke, clutching onto my traveling bag that was hanging from my shoulder. "Are you going to come to drop me off?"

"What kind of a question is that?" She asked as a disgusted look wavered on her face. "You know I have to look after your siblings first, I'm pretty sure you can deal with your things yourself." She turned back around in her working attire without saying goodbye as I picked up my trunk, closing the door.

I took a deep breath as I closed the door, reminding myself, that there was no need to be sensitive over this and that I can surely go to the station myself without my mother. It was the sixth year of Hogwarts and I'm pretty sure of the fact that I was able to handle things like this myself. Though some part of me felt upset, I couldn't help it, but it was there.

Growing up, my mother had always looked after everyone else first before she came to me. I was an independent child at a very young age, so I surely didn't need a hand to walk me through things, I was capable of doing many things myself. I had taught myself many things that my parents should've. But they were too busy paying attention to others, acting like teenagers, and forgetting the fact that they have a responsibility for not one but four children.

We had a chauffeur that would drive us around places because everyone was always too busy doing something to drive their kids somewhere they wanted to. The entire ride I didn't utter a word as I sat in the corner of the seat, twirling with the hem of my skirt as I looked out the window, pretending I was in a different, better reality than the one I originally was in. I sat there as a lump stayed in my throat as I so badly wanted to cry and scream and break every single thing in sight, but held back as I sat there calmly pretending everything was okay and that a million thoughts weren't racing around my head fighting for control on which one predicts my day and how I act on it.

In many places, Hogwarts was my safe place, an escape from the horrendous parts of my life. Being a part of this place allowed me to be whoever I wanted to be and no one would know because no one knows what happens behind closed doors once all the cameras go off. It's like the perfect couple on paper, are they really in love or just pretending to be for publicity? Or is the perfect family of four the perfect family because they would rather stay six feet apart from each other than breathe the same as one another.

I walked onto the train as I minded my own business, walking through the corridors as I looked for an empty cabin. I walked into one as I silently slid the door open and closed it, sitting on the cushion seated seats as I pulled my knees up to myself, admiring the view of Hogwarts as I watched the scenery pass through me quickly in a blur. I tried to capture every moment in my head when the door suddenly burst open.

"Eve, there you are! I've been looking for you all over the train for the last fifteen minutes. This train is bloody long when you search through each cabin, people by people," Bonnie protested as she slid the door close aggressively and sat down pushing her hair away from her face.