Chapter 12

"You don't know how I feel, father!"

Amato could see the changes from his son, and it didn't help that it differs from the other elements' reaction when they resurfaced towards Boboiboy.

The older man was aware of the lengths his son did in order for each power to appear. It didn't help that Boboiboy was slightly pressured into doing so, which made Amato feel bad for him. It was a proud achievement that his oldest son was able to attain such feats of activating his second tier at an early age.

Amato knew that each element runs on Boboiboy's personality, or emotion. However, now, in front of him screams a different aura. It was different from anger and stress.

It was another element that Amato witnessed six years ago, and it was the same one that he shivered in fear.

"This is the elemental power that run amok before, Boboiboy. " Amato declared, making him flinch when he sees his son narrowing his eyes even more.

"You still blame me for that?!" Boboiboy replied, his tone lacing venom, "You're the one who couldn't face the fact that I went for her, and not you!"

There were black smoke that keeps on leaking out of Boboiboy's hand, and it didn't help that it keeps on spreading on the field, as if were forming a mist.

Amato sighs, "You don't understand why I'm doing this... and I also can't tell you now."

"So you're expecting me to figure it out on my own?" Boboiboy spat, "Obviously, you would. You went on scaring my brothers, and making things more complicated!"

"Then, prove it to me, Boboiboy. " Amato replied, "Not when I fear for your brothers' safety. "

His pupils dilated even more when Boboiboy could see how his father couldn't even take him seriously, "I am no monster!!!"

Before Amato could even blink, he sees Boboiboy suddenly being covered in black mist, and quickly disappearing.

'The mist that he just created -!' His eyes widen when he couldn't see where Boboiboy went.

The older man took careful steps towards the mist on the ground, trying to find any traces of movement.

Yet it was too late when he sees Boboiboy resurfacing, the black mist quickly dissipated from his body.

'He's above me!' Amato leaped away from his current spot, in just mere seconds before he was hit with a fist.

Boboiboy grits his teeth when he sees his father dodging that attack. There was a crack on the ground, as black aura kept on oozing out of his hand.

Mechabot continued to watch at the sidelines, but he didn't like how Boboiboy was radiating a dark energy around him.

"Amato, there has to be another way!"

Yet the man didn't listen, "You know that we have no other choice, Mechabot."

'More secrets!' Boboiboy clicked his tongue in annoyance, "There you go with your secrets, father!!"

Again, Boboiboy was wrapped with black smoke and joined with the mist on the ground, hiding his presence. Amato kept his focus and wondered where his next direction could be.

Once again, his son rose on the right, and his right hand had a dark orb.

"Dark Vortex!" The orb suddenly swirled and Amato was almost hit by it.

However, Mechabot suddenly arrived on time and became an armor for Amato. With that, he was able to create a shield and it blocked the dark orb from hitting him.