Turning Point

FADE IN:

MUSIC CUE: BUBBLEGUM POP MUSIC

1. INT. MT. JUWANGSAN — RJH’S TENT — MORNING

RI JEONG HYEOK (Male, 35) opens his eyes as a dull beating fades into his consciousness, awakening him slowly. He winces, then sits up to figure out whether it was a dream or not.

In the end, he rises to a crouching position and pulls the zipper of the tent down.

CUT TO:

2. EXT. MT. JUWANGSAN — CAMPSITE — MORNING

RI JEONG HYEOK crawls out of the tent. He stands up and dusts off his knee before whipping his head to the right, forty-five degrees from where he is.

His sight lands on another tent, which turns out to be the source of the ruckus.

Begrudgingly, he approaches the tent.

RI JEONG HYEOK
Excuse me.

The music plays on and unsurprisingly, no one comes out.

RI JEONG HYEOK
(louder)
Excuse me.

Still nothing.

RI JEONG HYEOK
(clears his throat)
Excuse —

WOMAN
(voice only)
Not a fan of music?

RI JEONG HYEOK turns and sees a woman — YOON SE RI (Female, 35) — peeking out of her own tent a few feet beside his.

Shock colors his face for a second, which is immediately replaced by an intimidating frown.

His expression startles YOON SE RI.

RI JEONG HYEOK
Is this your first time camping here?

YOON SE RI
Yes.

RI JEONG HYEOK
(sighs)
It figures.

YOON SE RI narrows her eyes at him, scrutinizing.

YOON SE RI
Figures what?

RI JEONG HYEOK
The tolerance for such behavior.

YOON SE RI
Can you elaborate on that part? Are you a camp counselor?

RI JEONG HYEOK
(closes his eyes, annoyed)
Listen, miss —

RI JEONG HYEOK is interrupted by the crisp sound of the tent zipper opening. He looks over his shoulder and sees two young ladies emerge from the tent. The TEENAGERS are likewise taken aback by his scowl.

TEENAGER 1
Uhmmm… Is there something wrong, sir?

RI JEONG HYEOK
(turns to face them)
Could you tone down your music a little bit? Campers staying at the site usually observe silence.

TEENAGER 2
(gasps)
Oh! Sorry, sorry…

The two girls hurriedly go back inside their tent and turn the player off, then bow their heads in apology. RI JEONG HYEOK answers with a tiny nod, and the TEENAGERS exchange an awkward glance before zipping up the tent door.