Chapter 47

I feel like you all are going to kill me after
the last 3 chapters.
I'm a bit scared tbh.

══✿══╡°˖✧✿✧˖°╞══✿══

Jeremiah PoV

"Who's that girl you brought with you Chris?"
Me and Christopher were sat in an old office room in the hospital. He had a pair of glasses on and was working on a laptop. I was staring into space thinking about all that had happened.

Christopher looked up from his laptop and took his glasses off. He put the laptop on the table in front of him and placed his hands on his lap.
"That's Catherine. Before we could actually open the door to the house, Catherine opened it. I believe your brother had brought her from some child trafficking auction."
My eyes widened and I leaned forward in my chair. Child trafficking?
"She said Jonas had got her to tend to Lavender's wound. She would treat and make sure they hadn't got infected. That's why she's healing so perfectly now. Catherine would make sure her wounds were clean and wouldn't get infected after Jonas had..hurt her."
He said that with so much venom.

"How old is Catherine?"
Christopher's expression changed. He looked confused and like he was thinking.

"I don't actually know. She might be awake. I'll go ask her now."
He was about to stand up from his chair but I stopped him.

"Don't worry I'll go. I want to meet her anyway."
Christopher looked at me with a sad expression. He sat back down in his chair and I made my way to the door.

"Jeremiah."
I turned around and looked back at him.
"Don't blame yourself for what your brother did. You're not Jonas and Jonas is not you. Don't feel guilty. You didn't know."

My eyes softened and I nodded my head.
"I know."

I opened the door and made my way to the side of the hospital Lavender, Carlos and Catherine were being kept. I walked past Lavender and Carlos' room and peered in through the window. They still laid montionless in their beds. The heart monitors looked normal and they didn't seem to be having any problems.

I stopped outside of Catherine's door. I looked at it for a minute. Did I really want to go inside? Would she want to see me? Maybe she'd get reminded of Jonas. I didn't want her to panic Was this really a good idea?

I took a deep breath and knocked on the door before I could change my mind. I waited for a moment and their heard a faint 'come in'. I placed my hand on the door handle and pushed it open hesitantly. I looked inside to see a young girl laying on a large bed. Her brown eyes looked like they sparkles with happiness. Her hair only came to her shoulders but shone like the sun under the hospital lights. Her lips were in a small smile but when she saw me it fell. The little freckles dotted on her nose and beneath her eyes looked like constellation you would see in the sky when the sun had decided to take its leave.

I stepped fully into the room and walked to a chair. I sat down and looked at her. She looked back at me scared and confused. I tried not to look intimidating and scaring by relaxing my body and smiling a little.

"M-May ask who you are?"
My eyebrows furrowed. Why didn't she speak in full sentences?

I saw her body was tense and sent a small smile to try help her relax.
"I'm the mayor of New York. My name is Jeremiah Williams."