Chapter 37

Once I released, Luciano stopped and turned me around on my back, making me realize that he didn't fuck me for his pleasure. He did it to punish me. His powerful hand circled around my throat as his eyes darkened with intense anger.

"Eight months..." He trailed off.

"I'm sorry," I said, immediately. "There was nothing I could have done," I didn't know what I was referring too, teaming up with Gretel or allowing our daughter to be taken. Either way, I was weak and I couldn't have done anything then.

He peered down at me with disappointment in his eyes, "Nothing you could have done? We were supposed to be in this together. I let you leave that night so you could come back, not stay with that woman and befriend her." He apparently shouted at me.

I looked away from him at once. "I need to leave," Arguing over the past wasn't going to help either of us.

Luciano grabbed my face and forced me to look back at him, "I'll let you go if you tell me that you don't love me," His voice was barely a whisper when he spoke.

My shoulders slumped in defeat, and I blinked. A part of me wanted to say yes but it wasn't the truth. There was only one man that I had ever desired and it was him. But again, I needed to leave. Love and men were going to come and go. It didn't matter.

Without any emotion, I said, "I don't love you—not anymore,"

I saw hurt in his eyes—the kind of hurt I had never seen before. He narrowed down his head and moved his hands away from my body, freeing me. I bit the inside of my mouth and watched him leave the bed. It was wrong and it felt strong but I didn't have any option.

One mistake from my side and Gretel would ruin my entire life. I couldn't allow that. If she knew I had feelings for Luciano again, she wouldn't hesitate in killing my daughter.

"Get out," Luciano said, standing a few inches away from the window.

I didn't argue any further, instead, I got off the bed and grabbed my clothes from the couch. While wearing them, I looked over at him who didn't even bother looking at me after everything I told him.

Once I was done, I reached for the door to leave but it was pushed open by someone else. My eyes widened with the horror standing in front of me.

"What are you doing here?" I asked Charlotte. What the fuck was she doing here?

She was as surprised as I was to see me. Her head cocked at Luciano and she asked, "What is she doing here?"

"She's leaving," Luciano replied to her.

"You let her stay here?" I asked, my voice shaky as I turned around to him. "You let Charlotte stay here after everything she had done? Did you forget what all she did or are you so—"

"You need to leave, Red." He snapped at me.

From the corner of my eyes, I found Charlotte smiling with amusement. She stepped away from the door and walked inside the room. My thoughts scattered and I began assuming the worse.

Did Luciano sleep with her? How dare she return back here after everything? I never expected this out of Luciano. He let the devil in his castle. Charlotte wasn't innocent. She had been with Gretel before I arrived and she was the one feeding her with knowledge about the werewolves.

My stomach twisted with disgust and I ran my tongue over my lip, not wanting to say anything more. It wasn't my place anymore.

I walked out of the room, leaving them alone to themselves. They could whatever the fuck they wanted to do.

Furious, I fisted my hands together and took the stairs to the ground level of the castle. I couldn't swallow the fact that Charlotte was around, living in the castle—with Luciano.

"Red!" I heard Jaqueline walk behind me. She grabbed my elbow and stopped me before I left. "What happened?"

A shiver went down my spine and I returned to my senses. "Nothing,"

"Where were you the entire night?"

"With Luciano,"

"Oh," she sighed, "Did you tell him anything?"

"No," My expression hardened, "Why is Charlotte around?"

Jaqueline eyes scurried away for a moment. "She stays at the castle,"

I wasn't wrong. "Why?" The veins around my neck throbbed and the air around me thickened. "Why would Luciano allow her to stay at the castle? She literally tried to kill me and my baby when I was pregnant. Have he forgotten that?"

"He was able to forgive her for that after she apologized," she explained.

Pfft. Her apologizes were useless.

"It doesn't matters," I said, shaking my head. Was everyone dumb around here? "She has been working with Gretel for over a year,"

"What?" Jaqueline was taken back.

"She was with Gretel when I met her eight months back and I'm sure she isn't as innocent as you all think," I blurted out.

"But she told us that she was with her father, out of the country."

I was in disbelief, "She's lying and that's what she does, lies, all the time. No wonder Gretel has an ear in the castle. It's Charlotte," I stated, my jaw tightening with anger.

"I wasn't aware..."

I rubbed my hands over my face, pushing back any hair troubling me before sighing. "I hope you are now," I was mad, mad. Not at Charlotte but at Luciano for believing her. She almost killed our child and even after all that, he spoke to her gently as if he had forgotten the past.

"I will look into this, immediately!" Jaqueline nodded, "But for you, you should leave before the news spread about you. Take the exit door at the back. I will tip off the guards. No one should know you are here."

"Yeah, I was going to leave." Until Luciano provoked me with Charlotte. "Anyway, did you arrange the items Gretel had asked for?"

"Yes," Jaqueline took me to her chambers quietly and gave me the bag filled with bogus items. "I have placed a spell over them. Gretel shouldn't be able to notice it. And, I had kept an eye on the witch that had arrived with you. She's at the town, you'll be able to find here there somewhere,"

Nothing went through my aching head. I couldn't get my mind off Luciano. I simply wanted to go back to his room, kill Charlotte and forget about everything else.

"Okay," I breathed, "Is there something else I should be concerned about? The eclipse is in weeks,"

"There is nothing you need to worry about. Gretel will put a spell over these items, thinking it will weaken Luciano but it won't work out. On the night of eclipse, she will force you to kill him but you won't have enough energy to do so and Luciano will be strong enough—no one will die," Jaqueline had sort it all out but she still sounded terrified as if something was going to go wrong.

"What about my daughter?" Fresh tears began building around the corner of my eyes. This was horrible but the only way.

"When you arrive here, at the castle, with Gretel, I will take her down and hopefully, end her and any witches that come along with her."

I trusted Jaqueline with everything I had. She was my only hope to go through all this. Once Gretel was dead, getting my daughter back wouldn't be difficult.

"And, its going to be over after that?"

Her hand stretched towards mine and she clenched hard, "It will be. I promise. You'll have your beautiful daughter back and these two kingdoms will never be in war again."

Read the full book on my patreon; www.patreon.com/miakerr