Chapter 17

Happy Reading:)

"LYDIA ISABELLA TONELLI! GET YOUR ASS DOWN HERE!" Marcus called from downstairs.

"I'M COMING!" I yelled back, I could play the yelling game too. I put on my Nike free runs and bounded down the stairs. It was Thursday night, time to go work at the restaurant.

"Lydia you can't be late like this," Marcus seethed, ready to strangle me.

"Sorry," I said, but didn't mean it. I took my sweet time to punish Marcus because he was treating me like a prisoner.

As predicted I was being watched like a hawk, at school and after.

I was also pissed because Damon and I hardly had any time to talk, I didn't want to text, for obvious reasons, but at school we barely saw each other. First period I couldn't even look at him because of Melvin breathing down my neck.

The only time he could say a word to me was when I was waiting for Marcus and Melvin to get out of futbol, or soccer, practice.

Even then it was a quick wink smile or "What's up", my brothers could pop up at anytime and that was not something I could risk.

It was hard, it had been a week since the McDonald's incident and I was still wound up. I needed more Damon and I could tell by the longing looks he was giving me he felt the same.

What pissed me off most was the fact that Marcus for once was actually coming in to work. not because he was being responsible, but because he didn't want me to take a "detour" his words, not mine.

As if I would risk getting caught with Damon during work but Marcus' imagination runs wild with possibility.

"Car," He growled.

I rolled my eyes at him and walked to the car as slow as I could, annoyed he came up behind me and dragged me to the car by my pony tail. I clawed at him but it was no use. I huffed as I got to the passengers seat.

"Are you gonna act like a caveman all day?" I snapped, retying my hair. He didn't use much force but my hair got messed up anyway.

"Are you going to have an attitude all day?" He retorted and I held my tongue, cussing him out would get me no where.

I grudgingly opened the car door and sat, buckling my seat belt and staring out the window. He put his key in the ignition and sped off, blasting loud music that made my ears bleed.

"Can you turn it down?" I asked.

"Lydia what is your problem? Why are you bitching?" He turned down the radio so I knew he was serious.

"I just asked you to turn down the music a little," I mumbled not answering his question.

"You know that's not what I meant," He said.

"Well it's what I meant," The venom drenching my voice was obvious, he was shocked that I was talking to him like this.

"Are you on your period or what?"

"Don't you dare blame my emotions to my period I swear to god I will tuck and roll out of this car right now!" I was fuming, how dare he reduce my feelings to my biology, "It's fucked up you know that right, to tell me I'm not feeling what I'm feeling, that it's just my uterus talking. I'm a human who has the right to express herself and my anger is just as real as any guy's!" I was getting heated and I felt the angry tears welling up.

I hated that my anger and tears were directly connected. The moisture in my eyes did not fall but it was obvious I was mad.

Every little thing he did was setting me off and I didn't know why. I assumed it was the fact that I had Damon within reach yet still far from my grasp.