Still breathing

I knew this must have looked insane. My whole body aflame while I charged towards the black being, but before I could stop myself, it was too late. The creature let out a loud sound that might have been a laugh as it stretched out to reveal an emptiness seemingly inside its body. And I flew right into it.

"FLORA!"

I heard someone yell. Was it Wanda? Pietro? It sounded like all my soulmates at once. I tried to find solid ground but there was nothing. All I managed to do was turn slightly so I could see the world behind me disappear. Everything turned dark. My body was still burning, but that was all I could see. The rest was darkness. I couldn't panic. Even if I wanted to, I was better than this. Or was I? I leaped into this mess by blind rage. I acted on impulse. Maybe I'm stronger physically and magic, but my mind was still weak when it came to emotional things like this. I should have stayed calm. Stayed where I was. Know what to say beforehand. In hindsight I am so god damn stupid. I am no better than when I started. But I couldn't just float around here and feel bad for myself. I couldn't just wait until the creature let me out, if it would ever do that. My will is still strong, and I have a will to get the hell out of here. I felt around with my abilities. I shot fire around, tried to raise earth or water. Tried to create winds. I couldn't feel anything. The fire flew a few metres before disappearing. I couldn't tell if they burned out or disappeared. Then I tried lightning. I focused my emotions on creating powerful lightning around me to shoot in every direction. It lit up and I could feel the electricity through my muscles. I felt a little drained but I was still determined.

It's no use

A voice echoed through the darkness. This was not my own self doubt. I refused.
I did it again. This time I sent fire and electricity everywhere.

You can't break free. You will never get out. Never see your parents again

A bunch of nonsense that's what it was!
I kept going. Kept sending energy and fire in every direction.
My powers searched for something to grip onto. Anything to hit.

STOP! YOUR EFFORTS ARE USELESS! ANYTHING YOU DO IS IN VAIN!

The voice was louder. More convincing, but I knew this meant that I was making progress. Whatever was shouting at me, was trying to get me to quit. Then I felt it. With telekinesis I managed to grab something. I could feel that I was pulling something. I let my powers search and tear. I was ripping something apart. Small streaks of light made their way in as I managed to make the holes bigger and bigger. And then the darkness evaporated. Like dark mist it slowly faded away. Had I killed it? As the mist disappeared I could see that I was floating in the air. I was hovering over a forest. It looked big and lush. The smoke fully disappeared and I fell. I guess I was held afloat by the dark space, but I was too exhausted to keep myself floating. With wind I tried to push myself against the fall. If I was lucky I could at least soften my fall. But my powers were drained. The last metres I just fell. I felt the metallic device in my pocket, but my hand was too tired to reach it. I just felt power pulsate through it and into my body.

With the new spark of power I reached out. For what? I'm not sure.

A/N

Merry Christmas everyone!  🎄🎄🎄❤️
I love all of you! Hope you get something good 😌

Also, I'm knees deep into the Eurovision hole now and can I just say that Albania's represent-song for ESC 2021 is a banger, but there were also a lot of other good songs in FiK, who I would have loved to see represent Albania.