Chapter 25

Taha was rushed to the hospital immediately. As they actually owned the hospital so there was no need for a police case and I doubt they even approach the police.

He was taken in for operation while we waited outside. Uzair had ran away and we had no idea where he was. I had to inform Ruzhaan but I was soo in shock that I didn't know how and what to say. With fidgety fingers, I called him.  He didn't answer in first time, maybe he was in a meeting but then he answered.

"Hello, what's wrong? I told you I'll be busy in a meeting." He said softly.

I broke down again hearing his voice and that's when I realised how desperately I wanted to see him

"Rahina? What's wrong? Why are you crying?" He sounded worried now.

"Taha bhai... he's.... he's in the hospital... he's hurt.... please come here.... please.... Ruzhaan.... I need you.... I'm soo scared.... Taha bhai...he won't wake up....there was....soo much b....blood.... it's.... it's all my fault...." I managed to say crying.

"WHAT?! What happened?! Who hurt him?"

"U...Uz... Uzair."

"No...way." His voice was almost inaudible but I could clearly feel the fear and shock in his voice.
"Rahina!" He said sternly recovering himself almost instantly.
"I'm coming ok. Nothing's gonna happen to Taha. I'm coming there so stop crying."

I don't know how long I sat there with my head in my hands.
"Bhabhi... please atleast drink some water."

I shook my head. I just needed Him!

"Boss!"

I lifted my head up immediately and saw Ruzhaan running towards us. Tears of relief flooded down my eyes and I ran towards him throwing myself onto him crying and wailing on his chest as he held me tight.

"Rahina... this blood? Are you ok?" He cupped my face with worry and desperation all over his face as he wiped my tears with his thumbs.

"T... Taha bhai...he..."

Leaving me, he rushed towards the operation theatre peeping in through the small window and sank his head on the door.

I'd never seen him soo scared and helpless. Suddenly he punched the wall beside the door.

"That bastard!" He growled....his eyes moist.

"I'm soo sorry. It's... it's all my fault. If I wouldn't have interfered...if I would've just ran away and asked for help to stop those two.... it's all my fault.... I'm soo horrible..."

He abruptly pulled me into his arms silencing me.
"It's not your fault. Nothing is your fault ...so don't beat yourself up."

He moved his hand through my hair comforting me resting his chin over my head while he was himself shaking. It felt soo... relaxing like all my fears drowning. I just closed my eyes finding my solace in his warm arms.

"Let's go home for now. You need to change your clothes and clean up." He said softly lifting my head and wiping my tears.

I shook my head.
"I don't want to leave bhai alone."

"Bhabhi, he's not alone. We're all here for him. Please go home and get some rest. If we find out anything, we'll call you immediately." One of the men said.

"You heard him. Come now." Ruzhaan said softly.

I looked up at all of them and they gave me an assuring smile.

"Ok." I said.

Ruzhaan held me by my shoulders.
"Don't leave him alone even for a second and report to me after every 10 mins. Shadab and Ravi...you both...go find Him." Ruzhaan ordered. The fire in his eyes scared me.