Chapter 3 : Newest addition

"Goddamn, who produced that whiny-ass screech?" Ray groaned into the mic

"Goddamn, who produced that whiny-ass screech?" Ray groaned into the mic. Her voice was rather quiet, operating within the lower registers although it was very much feminine. Maybe it was because it was quite late into the night and all the girl could think about was go fall onto her bed and sleep for another 12 hours straight.

Her sudden appearance made everyone a little speechless, the call falling silent for a few seconds.

The first to speak was of course Tommy, quick to defend himself. "Yo, what the fuck?!"

"That was uncalled for." Someone by the name Wilbur exclaimed in surprise.

Dream let out a breathy chuckle, finally being able to speak. "NightmareNyx, welcome to Dream SMP."

"Wait, what?" Quackity called out. "Who the hell is she?"

"The newest addition to the server." Dream explained, confidence evident in his relaxed voice. "She only became active a few days ago."

"Yeah, but that doesn't explain shit, does it." Tommy grumbled angrily. "Dream, you realize all of us just lost a cannon death? Some of us are practically done for!"

"I didn't die. I pearled away." Technoblade interjected, but his comment went unanswered.

"You cheated! This wasn't in the script." Tommy continued rambling angrily.

"Sorry, sorry. I didn't tell everyone since I wanted the viewers to see your pure reactions." Dream continued.

"I don't think that's what he's angry about." Tubbo spoke up this time. "It's not because you didn't tell us, it's because you went against the script. I don't wanna be ghostbo."

"Aww that's so cute though." Nihachu cooed.

"Okay, alright, I'm sorry." Dream sighed. "These won't count as cannon deaths, is that alright? I didn't plan them to be anyways, just needed some more action."

"But this battle means the script has completely changed, no?" Fundy asked. "I mean, you literally said that there is no more L'manburg."

"This is all straight up bullshit man." Quackity exclaimed, though he seemed to be far away from his mic.

"Yeah, technically." Dream's mischievous voice came back. "I'll explain it to you another time, some of the babies in the call should be going to sleep."

"I swear to god Dream, if you dare send me more fucking baby toys I swear-" Tommy was about to start angrily rambling again, but was interrupted.

"Right, we haven't given NightmareNyx a chance to introduce herself." Sapnap said, turning all of the attention towards the newcomer.

"Ugh, right." Ray cleared her throat, having almost forgotten that she was in the actual call and not just watching a livestream. "Hey everyone, I'm NightmareNyx. You can call me Nyx or Ray, I really do not care. And yeah, I just got added to the plotline so... yeah." She passed an awkward introduction.

"You're being to humble." George laughed out. "Did you guys know she's the top in pvp on Hypixel as a whole? She also almost broke Techno's record in Bedwars win streak."

"Wait, really?" Many exclaims of such kind could be heard through the call.

"Yeah, she beat me in 4 out of 5 duels and for techno it was 2 out of 5." Dream explained.

"Wait, Techno, you knew about this?!" Both Tommy and Philza called out in shock.

"Yeah." Technoblade simply replied, not bothering to explain himself.

"Wow, you're so cool Ray." Nihachu let out another cute squeal as she complimented her.

"Aw, thank you." Ray broke character for once, feeling extremely comfortable with the newly-made acquaintance. 

"No, no she's not cool Niki! She literally just murdered us!" Tommy protested.

"You wouldn't believe that Ray and Tommy are the same age. One is chill and composed and the other has his panties up in a twist." Sapnap chuckled lightly.

"Wait, Ray, you're 16?" Plenty of shocked replies came through.

"Umm, yeah." She scraped the back of her neck, realizing how most of the chat was much older than her.

"Sapnap, what the fuck." Tommy deadpanned, causing everyone to laugh out loud for the first time in the entire call.

"Alright, is everything clear now? I have to go soon." George yawned loudly.

"Yeah, I'll send everyone the new script. I'll make sure to make it detailed." Dream hummed.

"I don't give a shit." Tommy's low, annoyed cursing completely ruined the mood.

"Aww, does the baby really have his panties in a twist?" Sapnap teased, feeding more fuel into the fire.

"Shut up." The younger boy growled out before the sound of him leaving the call came through everyone's headset.

"Alright, I'm getting off too. I'm starving." Karl complained, also leaving the call.

And one by one, everyone left, Ray included.

The girl let out another sigh, the new and uncomfortable interactions leaving a bittersweet feeling in her subconsciousness. 

"What's with that Tommy guy?" She muttered to herself as she turned off her computer. "It's just a roleplay, he's over-reacting." 

Of course Ray knew who he was. He was probably the #1 minecraft streamer on twitch as a whole. But Ray had never made the effort to tune into any of his lives, mainly because hers would start soon after his did. Not that she had a huge audience or anything.

And from the moments she's watched, she did find him a little annoying, though she would never own up to that.

But right now she could care less as she fell onto her comfortable bed, falling into slumber almost immediately. 

SOoo what's the thoughts?