Five of Spades - Part Three

With another 'it' in the room, it was impossible for them to enter the safe zone and clear the game.

She should have risked it. There were two other people in the room, the chances of her sneaking past and touching the safe zone to clear the game were a lot better than just squatting outside the door. Though, how could she complain when she was looking at such a beautiful face?

"Guys! I can't clear this game alone! I need another person here!"

Damn it.

While it was fortunate for them that the other guy survived for now, she knew she should have taken the chances. Or perhaps she should not have saved Chishiya. Then he could be in there with the other guy and they would have cleared the game instead of being sitting ducks.

Chishiya reached for the handle, opening the door ever so gently as to not make a noise. There were sounds coming from the inner room so he boldly stepped into the room. Kurenai frowned, grabbed at his hand but Chishiya continued in.

She cursed softly under her breath, debating whether or not to follow after him. There were now two people in the room but 'it' was still very much alive and attacking. If one of them died, they would need another person in there to clear the game and they did not have enough time to wait for someone else to come. If there was even someone else.

Eventually, Kurenai stepped into the room just in time to see 'it' stunned by Chishiya's handmade stun gun, and two players jumped for the button at once. With one second left on the clock, they managed to press the button at the same time.

CONGRATULATIONS

GAME CLEAR

It was a narrow escape for them. A little too narrow for Kurenai's liking.

Recovering from the stun, 'it' sat up but their mask had fallen off to reveal an older woman with a collar around her neck. One would not have expected her to be the menacing 'it' who had been so mercilessly hunting them down with a gun. Especially when she looked like she was about to cry, with fear in her eyes as she trembled.

The collar started beeping before the light on it turned red, and the collar exploded, essentially killing the woman.

Kurenai grabbed onto Chishiya just in time, using him to shield herself from the blood splatter.

That was certainly enlightening.

"Damn it, is that blood on my Louboutin?"

Three pairs of eyes were on Kurenai as she was the first to break the silence. The guy stared at her, still in shock from what he just witnessed and from what she just said. Someone had died. A lot of someones had died tonight, and all she cared about was her shoes?

Borderland was a horrifying place, but he was starting to learn that the people participating in these games were the ones he had to fear more.

VISA
IMMIGRATION STATUS CERTIFICATION

Chuya Kurenai Earned Points: 5 points
Total Points: 31 points

LENGTH OF STAY 5 DAYS ADDED

PLEASE BEWARE OF YOUR REMAINING ALLOWANCE

Registration: Spade 5

Each survivor extended their visa and received another playing card before leaving. Kurenai, however, stayed behind as one other person had yet to leave.

"Hey handsome."

Coming out of the elevator, Chishiya was greeted by a bright smile from Kurenai. He smirked, walking up to the register to get his card before looking at her. Was she really looking to partner up with him? If so, that would be quite unfortunate for her.

"You're still here?"

"I was waiting for you," Kurenai admitted. "I thought maybe you could answer a question for me."

"Try me."

"These cards," she said, showing her five of Spades. "There's a reason why we are collecting them, right? Like if we have the whole deck, we can go back to the real world?"

Chishiya smiled. For once it did not feel like he was talking to a monkey. Since meeting her, he had been wondering about a lot of things in regards to her. How smart was she exactly? How experienced was she with the games? Which was her strongest suit? What would it be like to have a battle of wits with her?

"I don't know," Chishiya answered. "But that is one of my theories."

"Hm...well, thanks. Try to stay alive until we meet again, handsome." She walked up to Chishiya, getting so close that they were practically breathing on each other. She then pressed a finger to his chest, tracing it down his abdomen and stopped just above his trousers. "It'd be a shame to see you die. You're my type, after all."

"Maybe when we meet, it'll be at the beach." Kurenai's finger lingered on him before she finally pulled away. "I'm Chishiya Shuntarou, by the way."

"And I'm going to be on your mind from now on."

Without giving her name in return, Kurenai walked off into the night, wiggling her fingers in a wave goodbye.