Queen

Year 850

"What the hell are you thinking, Erwin?!" Carsten yells, grabbing Erwin's jacket. 

"If we don't get these civilians out of the city, they'll die by the thousands! The hulking monstrosity will be a stone's throw from the wall by morning!" He continues as Hange lays down her hand. 

"That Titan is an abnormal," She says. 

"Right, and what the hell does that even mean?!" Carsten shouts looking at her. 

"It means it acts strangely. Unlike most Titan's we encounter, it's only attracted to large groups of people. Hence the word abnormal. Put simply, given the choice between a few soldiers right next to it and at distant, but a densely populated city, it'll choose the city." Hange concludes as she adjusts her goggles. 

"So, if we were to evacuate Orvud's populace to the interior of Wall Sina right now, the Titan would change its course, destroying the wall and everything else in its path. Left unchecked, it would make for the city with the greatest density of people, Mitras. The ensuing rampage would deliver a devastating blow to humanity." Hange adds as the room remains silent. 

"On the road to Orvud, we had Eren Yeager attempt to use his discovered power to try and control the Titan but, Rod Reiss didn't seem to be affected in any way." She says as Carsten left go of his grasp. 

"If we're here to stop this thing,  it'll have to be outside the walls of the Orvud District. For that to happen, we require the citizens here to act as bait. However, this doesn't change the fact that our first and foremost duty as soldiers is to protect the people." Erwin says as Hange looks at me to step forward. 

"This here is (y/n), she is a 104th graduate, and she came up with an emergency plan," Hange says as I nod. 

"In the event that we're unable to halt the target, we'll take measures to minimize civilian losses.  We'll announce a district-wide evacuation drill tonight. The people will be gathered away from the outer wall, ready to escape if the battle is lost," I conclude as Erwin nods. 

Carsten looks down and clenches his hand and jaw. 

"It seems there are no other choices," Carsten says. 

"Of course, the Reiss Titan is the largest Titan to be seen, bigger than the Colossal. This being said, an easy target. We plan on using artillery, mounted cannons. If not proven effective, the Scout Regiment will throw their everything to it," I say as Hange nudges me as Moblit gives me a hidden thumbs up. 

------------------------------------------------------------

 I stood behind the scene of Garrison Soldier's stationed behind mounted cannon as Rod made his way over to the wall. 

'You know, for such a big guy, he moves really fast...'

*RUMBLE*

"Fire!" Carsten commands as he all plug our ears. 

*BOOM* BOOM* *BOOM*

On his command, the Garrison took their aim at the Titan. As the cannons made contact with the skin of Rod, it filled the air with smoke. 

"Well, how did that do?" Erwin asks as we all try to make our sight clear. 

*CRASH*

As I tightened my glare, Rod's arm came crashing down on my trees and grass. 

"Fire!" A Garrison commanded from below. 

*BOOM* BOOM* *BOOM*

As another round of cannon fire was sent towards Rod, nothing had happened except for round dents.