Chapter 14

Sadhvi's pov:

I got ready in my blue kurthi paired with white leggings and a neatly combed hair.

I said good morning to mom and dad, as usually I ignored Krishna.

My mom already served breakfast...... Today 's breakfast is Poha.
It is one of my favorite recipe.

Not wanting to wait anymore, I grabbed a spoon and started eating poha.

After I ate breakfast my dad started talking.

He said "Sadhvi.... Be ready your in laws are visiting or home today. "

I said "OK dad but at what time they are coming? "

He said "They will be here with us for lunch. "

I muttered an okay and left from there.

I sat on bed and started thinking about my life.

It was only yesterday that I joined medical school.... Now I'm already getting married.

I may be the first person to get married in class. Don't know how I will break this news to all.

How I wish all my friends to attend my wedding. But what can we do in such circumstances.
Actually I am the one to be blamed.
I can not blame them for not attending my wedding because they are not even informed.

I really think Swapna and Akhila will seriously kill me for hiding such an important thing from them.

I can bear their anger. But I feel apart from anger they will also be dissapointed in me for not informing them.

But I really don't want to stress them.

I don't want to say this matter even to Geetha...... But as a friend from childhood I could not stop my self.

To divert my mind I unlocked my mobile and started reading the novel which I left halfway yesterday.

I really forgot about everything and immersed in the plot of the story that I did not realize it was already after noon.

I checked myself in mirror...... It's manageable so I went to kitchen to help my mom in something as I know it will be very hectic.

I said "Mom do you need any help? "

She said "No need. I will manage, but you go and get ready. "

I'm not really interested in dolling my self up .For me these things really are irritating .

I whined and said "Mom.... I think this dress is fine. "

She gave 'are you serious ' look and said "Now don't argue with me. Your in laws are coming to our house for first time, you must look presentable. Go and wear a saree."
She said in stern tone.

I shivered from the intensity of her glaring....
Not wanting any more of her scoldings, I went to my room obediently.

Now I just want to scream and say that 'I don't want to get ready in that bloody saree' but I controlled my urge by taking deep breaths and placed my hand on my chest......

I saw that a red Saree was already placed on my study table.

May be mom kept that much before.

It was me who payed no attention to it.

I went near the table and observed the Saree.

It looked really beautiful.

It was a red shiffon Saree but embroidery work here and there.

I closed my room door and started removing my clothes.

I wore blouse and petticoat,and sat on bed reaching mobile.

I know how to wear a Saree but it's been a long time so it is confusing me.
So I thought why not watch a tutorial on YouTube.

I watched it and started draping Saree around me as shown in the video.

I looked in the mirror..... I know I did not applied makeup.... But I like it like this.

I just removed my simple daily wear earrings into jhumkas studded with white stones.
I applied some lip balm and looked at myself.

Yeah I look OK.

I saw that it was already 1'O clock.

I opened door slowly peeking outside to see whether guests have arrived.

My mom saw me and signalled to sit inside.

I obediently sat on my bed....
On one side I was waiting for mom to call me and on other side I was so nervous that I don't even want to leave the room.

After nearly fifteen minutes, my mom called me.

I nervously played with the end of my Oakland slowly started walking to living room.

I just kept my head bowed down.
I just don't know why.... But today I am finding floor so fascinating. I sound crazy right. May be I am.

I am so nervous and my mom said to greet them.

I slowly cleared my throat and raised my head saying " hello uncle and aunty nice to meet you... "

But as soon as I saw them I got a shock......

Can you guess who I saw.......

I saw Niyati auntie and neeraj uncle.

Not believing myself I rubbed my eyes and saw that they were smiling warmly at me.

I just smiled and turned my face to get another shock......

It was Priya (Remember junior from my college ).

My eyes widened. She was watching me with so much of happiness in her eyes and excitingly pointing her hand indicating to sit beside her.

I smiled at Priya.

My mom looked at us confusingly.

I opened my mouth and said
" mom I already know auntie and uncle and also Priya is my junior"

All my nerves calm down seeing familiar faces.

My mom just smiled at relief.

Auntie and uncle together said
" We already like Sadhvi very much...... "

And auntie continued "I enquired from priest, he said we have a good muhurtham (timing) on day after tomorrow. Hope you are OK for that. "

After hearing that I suddenly felt nervous.

I started playing with my pally all the time.

Priya poked my arm with her fingers. I look at her questioningly.

She said "I am very happy Akka(sister)"

I smiled at her cuteness.

But even before that she said

"I think I should stop calling you Akka as you will be my Bhabhi now."
Having a smirk plastered on her lips.

My face turned red.

She again said " My Anna is so lucky to have you Bhabhi. "

What is this girl doing..... She is making me embarrassed in front of all the family.

.

.
*****

Hope you guys love the chapter.

If you have any suggestions..... You can write them in comment section.