author's note

this book was written for the winterfest 2020, but it is still a gift from me to you

i struggled to write this one, especially because christmas this year is so different, it's hard to get into the holiday spirit. i think the majority of us feels this way.

i wanted to shift my attention to people like kook and tae in this story— people who feel loneliness instead of cheer, people who don't feel deserving of celebration. i too, lost someone i wish i could spend christmas with.

they say christmas is a time for family, but i know a lot of people don't even know where home is for them.

i invite you to take a step back and be grateful for the bad experiences in your life. i know it's an odd thing, being grateful for the worst parts of your life. but you can't fully accept yourself if you don't recognize the things that shaped you into the person you are today.

at least that's what i've learnt.

"fixation is the way to death. fluidity is the way to life." - miyamoto musashi

forgive your mistakes, and forgive others' mistakes towards you. not necessarily because they deserve forgiveness, but because you deserve peace.

:)

i hope this gave you just an ounce of warmth. it doesn't matter who you are and who you want to be, you deserve love.

take care of yourself this christmas. even if the people around you don't celebrate it, make yourself a cup of tea, or put on a face mask. do something that's associated with self care, let your body know that you care about your well being and you deserve to be happy and healthy.

i love you!
you're not just my followers, pfft, you're never just my followers,
you're my friends

merry christmas :]
- hay