Christmas

"I just won't you both to know that Arthur is a very, very intelligent boy," The therapist said. "I know that's something you think I'm supposed to say. But, it's true. He's four and he's reading at a grade 6 level."

"Oh my God," Grace smiled. "That's amazing."

"Some things I noticed, however," she continued. "He finds disorganization very upsetting. He does things in intervals of 10. He told me that sometimes he believes that if he does not do simple things like: check the light switches, fold his clothing a specific way, or flip a book precisely, his family will die."

"Oh God," Percy furrowed his eyebrows and rubbed Grace's back.

"From what you've told me about him," the therapist said. "I feel that I can diagnose him with obsessive compulsive disorder. I have a pamphlet and some medicine for you to take home."

Grace and Percy nodded. "Thank you so much."

***

"God, I need a drink," Percy said as he walked into the house.

"You're still on dad duty, Percy," Big Arthur smacked his shoulder. He handed him Violet, and Percy held her on his hip.

"How were the kids?" Percy asked.

"Well-behaved," he nodded. "How was therapy?"

"Arthur has OCD," Percy whispered. "I'll call you about it, I don't want to freak the girls out on Christmas Eve."

"Dad!" Molly exclaimed and ran to Percy. "We're gonna miss the light show!"

"Sweetheart, the sun is barely setting," Percy said.

"I just wanna go!" She jumped up and down.

"See you dad, thank you so much for watching them," Percy said.

"Of course," he smiled.

Grace and Little Arthur were walking into the house as Big Arthur was leaving and they chatted for a bit. Percy got into the house fully and started bouncing and cooing at Violet.

"Dad, do you ever think about how weird it'll be when I'm 18 and Violet's 8?" Harriette asked.

"Not really, darling," Percy said as he looked in the fridge for a butter beer.

"Mum, are we leaving soon?" Molly jumped up as she held onto the back of a barstool.

"Go get changed, honey," Grace gestured for Arthur to go upstairs. "We're leaving soon, Molly."

"So, what'd the doctor say?" Molly asked.

"That's none of your concern," Grace said. "Now go get your pajamas on."

Molly ran up the stairs and Harriette looked at him. "So, is he crazy?"

"Go upstairs," Percy pointed.

She rolled her eyes and walked upstairs.

"Percy," Grace said. "I know this is a lot to take in at once. But, this is good for Arthur."

"I know," he nodded. "I think we should worry about this after Christmas."

She nodded and he gave her a side hug and kissed the top of her head.

"Come on, we've got to go!" Molly said impatiently.

"Alright, get your butter beers," Percy smiled.

"YES!" Molly exclaimed.

"Can we please bring Carrot Face?" Harriette asked. "She hardly ever goes outside."

"Why do we call her Carrot Face again?" Grace asked as she picked up the cat.

"Because she has orange fur," Harriette said.

"What kind of sense is that?" Percy furrowed her eyebrows. "We all have orange hair, are we named Carrot Face?"

"Well, that was Arthur's original name," Grace shrugged. Arthur laughed and Grace smiled and picked him up. "Yes, we can bring Carrot Face."

***

"Look at all of the lights, Violet!" Molly pointed, bouncing the baby on her lap. The baby squealed and clapped her hands together.

"Look at those ones!" Arthur pointed and suddenly all of the lights he was pointing at exploded. "...whoops."

"Don't worry about it, honey," Grace smiled and reached back to hold his hand.

"Look at that one," Harriette pointed.

"What one?" Arthur tried to see.

"Here," Harriette grabbed him and held her on his lap.

"Wow," his eyes lit up and he smiled.

Percy drove around the light show slowly and held Grace's hand the whole time and occasionally kissed her hand softly. By the time they got to the end, the kids were all asleep. Violet was resting on Molly's lap, Arthur was tucked under Molly's arm and Harriette's arm, who was snuggled against him. Grace and Percy turned around and they both smiled.

"Want to take a picture and pretend we're one of those families who's kids get along?" Grace smiled.

"Please, even they're pretending," Percy whispered. "God, we have good kids."

"Yeah we do," she smiled and looked at him lovingly.

"Let's head home, I think Santa's coming soon..."

***

The kids were on the ground, covered in wrapping paper. Arthur received a premium wizard chess set and Molly got a lot of Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes products that she was sure to use on all of her siblings. Sadly, all Harriette wanted was a Firebolt Supreme and more quidditch equipment. She talked with her parents and they decided that since her birthday was also on Christmas, she could have a huge gift. But, all of the Firebolt Supremes had left the shelves and all of the new Quidditch equipment was on back order.

"Oh Harry, look," Percy furrowed his eyebrows and grabbed something from behind the couch.

"What?" She turned.

"I think it's another gift that Santa forgot to give you," Percy said.

Harriette furrowed her eyebrows and grabbed the gift from Percy. Grace looked at Percy confusedly.

"What is it?" Molly asked.

"I... I don't know," Harriette started unwrapping the present. She started to see the bristles of a broom and her eyes widened. "A Firebolt Supreme?!"

Percy smiled as his daughter ran to him and hugged him.

"How'd you get one? They're all sold out!" Harriette exclaimed.

"There was a fundraiser at work," Percy smiled. "I entered the raffle a few times and I won the prize."

"Oh Percy, you saved Christmas," Grace chuckled and embraced him.

"That's not all," Percy said to both of them. "Look outside, honey."

All of the kids ran outside to the back door and their eyes widened. In the backyard there were floating quidditch rings, a whole cart of quaffles, her old broomsticks, a beaters bat and a few bludgers.

"Oh my God," Harriette nearly burst out crying. She hugged Percy once again and he kissed the top of her head.

"There were a few other items included with the broomstick," he chuckled.

"You've got to share, Harry!" Molly exclaimed.

"Like Hell, I will!" Harriette exclaimed back.

The kids ran to the quidditch set-up and Grace looked at Percy lovingly as she held Violet in her arms.

"You are amazing," she smiled.

"And you..." he held her chin. "Are magical."