NEW YEAR

___

___

A new year meant a new beginning and the people in the Wizarding World were no strangers to resolutions.

The group of five sat at the table in Malfoy Manor with sheets of parchment paper, quills, some glitter, stickers and bottles of Butterbeer.

"Theo stop taking my stickers," Ethaline groaned as she looked to her left and saw her pile missing.

"I need it for number ten on my resolution!" He said as he grabbed his glass, "I will not hide secrets from my friends." He muttered as Ethaline furrowed her eyebrows in confusion.

"What—"

"Ethy tell your stupid brother to give me back my special quill!" Pansy yelled, "That fucking ferret—"

Draco slammed fist on the wall meanwhile Pansy screamed and ran off with Draco chasing after her. "He's going to murder her." Ethaline muttered as she began to stand up.

"No he isn't." Theo said and right on cue the loud giggles of Pansy filled the otherwise cold manor.

Ethaline sat back down and began to decorate her card again, her tongue between her lips as she concentrated deeply on the letters.

"I will stop eating candy cakes." Theo read out loud before laughing. "As if."

Ethaline blushed, "Well it was an idea, I don't have much on my paper." She said as she held it up for him to see before snatching it away.

The door to the dining room opened and in came Narcissa and Lucius Malfoy. Theo stood up, "Good evening sir," he said as he bowed slightly and shook his hand.

"Theo! What a wonderful surprise." Lucius said, a genuine look on his face. He had always liked Theo, especially because of who his father was. A loyal death Eater and he shared the same values as the Malfoy's.

Ethaline stood up instantly, her hands resting in front of her as she looked at them talk.

"I trust, my daughter, is treating you well?" He asked, his eyebrow raised as he glanced at Ethaline who said nothing.

Theo grinned, "Your daughter is a lovely hostess. Thank you for inviting Pansy and I for the new year." He said as Lucius nodded.

"Very well, we won't bother you anymore." He said before he grabbed Narcissa's arm and they went elsewhere.

Ethaline stared at the ground, "He didn't say a word to me." She whispered, her heart aching as she sat back down, "We've been gone for some time and he hasn't said a word to me since I got back."

Theo rushed over, kneeling in front of her, "He's probably busy—"

"Or he just doesn't want me." Ethaline said, her face hardening, "When mother was pregnant with twins, he was furious—at first he was glad hoping he would get two boys—but instead he got me."