Chapter 27: Hopeful

I just watched Croods 2 and let me just say that it was weird.

I honestly don't know what to feel after watching it.

It gave me emotions I didn't even know existed

ALSO the lasagna I made was delicious and I am so full and I feel like I have to burp but I can't and it hurts

≧ ﹏ ≦

LEZ GO!!

~~

Word Count: 3 K

~~

TW: fighting, a little blood maybe, I can't remember :P

~~

POV: Etho

~~

"So what you are saying is, if we don't help you, we die?"

"Basically, yes."

"And what do we need to do?"

We didn't get an answer from the Watchers as they turned from us, staring down the hall. 

"We've hidden your codes, so the Watchers won't be able to know where you are anymore. But for now, we have to go. Someone's coming and they don't know we are the ones against them yet. Stay safe. Don't die. And follow our instructions."

"What instructions?"

"You'll see." The creatures were clouded in a magic, seconds from disappearing. 

"Wait-"

They disappeared.

"Well..."

I shushed the Hermits, sliding to the front of the group, pulling out his spear. Everyone quieted immediately, trusting my senses. They pulled out their weapons, getting ready for a fight. 

Soon enough, we heard multiple sets of running footsteps heading towards this hall, and with no where else to go, we were trapped. Xizara and Xisuma shared a glance, seemingly sharing the same thought as they nodded. The Voiders' hands started glowing with their magic, and I felt the magic rush off the Users behind me as they conjured their power. 

I held up my spear, tensing my muscles, ready to jump into action at any second. The footsteps were slow, only adding to the suspense and terror. Xizara glanced my way, silently mouthing the words 'how many?' I shrugged, not being able count the multiple footsteps, but I knew it was at least five. 

He nodded, turning back around, nudging his brother. They shared a look as they bumped fists.

Finally, the running footsteps rounded the corner, and several Watchers came into view. They immediately shot at us, sending multiple beams of dark purple magic towards the group. 

I didn't even flinch as the magic came at us, knowing the many Users on our side would stop them from getting even close. Sure enough, as soon as Watchers released their magic, a shield of many colors mixing and swirling together, appeared in front of our group. The Magic Users stepped forwards, hands up, palms out. The beams from the creatures didn't stop, though, and the Hermits struggled to keep it up. 

The Hybrids and other Commons kept sending questioning glances towards one another, trying to figure out what they could do to help. An idea came to me, and I laid a hand on Xisuma's shoulder, yelling over the deafening noise of magic crashing together.

"When I say go, push forwards together!" Xisuma nodded, sweat dripping down his face. "Guys!" I motioned to some of the better PvPers, including Jess, False, Iskall, Ren, and more. "When they push, run behind the shield! When it hits the Watchers, it will break apart and we can sweep in and kill them while they are down!" The Hermits nodded. "Are you guys ready?" The Users gave me small nods, trying not to lose control of the barrier. "Everyone else, follow behind us!" Everyone shared worried but determined looks, bracing themselves for a fight.