thirty-five.

❏- Chapter Thirty-Five
˚₊· ͟͟͞͞➳ Promise

"We were complaining about eating too much earlier but here we are, eating... again."

Yeji let out a laugh, leaning Soobin to push him while holding a paper cup full of spicy rice cakes with one hand. "You can't blame me though, you bought it as well."

After their street food trip in the market, they walked around a bit then they went to a public museum nearby. They spent hours, literally just looking at all the historical stuffs there and giving their own interpretations of the paintings there. Then they decided to rest a bit at a library, just reading their own favorite books in silence well... Soobin was reading a manga earlier but hey, that's still a book anyway. He couldn't believe that he would actually enjoy his time in a library since it's one of the most dreadful place for Soobin before.

Now, they were sitting at the step of the stone stairs before the sea — the sun almost setting. There weren't many people around which is a good thing since Soobin is really not a fan of large crowds. He'd rather be alone in his room most of the time.

"You know what... today's probably the most street food I've ever ate in my life," Soobin shared, taking a piece of rice cake into his mouth.

"Why? You never ate it much before?" Yeji asked, looking at Soobin.

Soobin stopped for a moment, his forehead creased as he was trying to think of something. "Well, I only ever ate it with Beomgyu before... I don't think my mom's a fan of it," Soobin chuckled lightly, remembering the time when he got scolded by his mother when she caught him eating with Beomgyu at one of the night market stalls when they were in their first year in high school.

He's not really sure what he got scolded for — is it because he was eating a street food or is it because they didn't went home right after their classes? Oh well, Soobin didn't even want to ask.

"Soobin..."

Soobin fixed his gaze on Yeji. "Hmm?"

"Can I ask you something?"

"Shoot."

"Can you... tell me what a normal day was like for you before?" Yeji asked in a soft tone. She had a look on her face that pretty much says that she's overly curious about him. Soobin didn't see anything wrong with it anyway so he just started telling him more about his life.

"Well— let's see... my class starts at 8 in the morning. I used to sit beside the window with Beomgyu sitting right beside me and I think I spent more time looking outside the window, daydreaming, than I spent listening to anything my teacher was discussing."

Yeji's eyes widened in amusement, a giggle escaping her mouth. "Were you called off by your teachers most of the time, then?"

"Not really. I've only been caught once and that's because Beomgyu was not in class that day to nudge me if a teacher is looking our way," Soobin smiled at the memory. "It's nice to have someone who always have your back at any time."

Yeji nodded in agreement. "I know, right? I always had to keep Hyunjin in check during class hours since he has the tendency to fall asleep if he finds the subject boring."

"Look at you being the responsible older twin," Soobin said, smiling in a teasing manner.

Yeji just playfully rolled her eyes, giving him another light shove. "Oh, shush... enough about me. Continue your story."

"Now, where was I — Oh, school days normally end at around 10 pm or sometimes midnight, counting the hours we spent at cram school... I hated that 'cause it's like my brain automatically closes off for any additional information when it's past 9 already," Soobin sighed as the memory of reading books that are too many for his mind to take. "And I really couldn't complain about it since we have to be ready for the CSAT —the expectations from my parents were too high, the competitions were too intense so... I couldn't afford to slack off. I used to think that being good in studying is everything but hey, after we had this conversation before — I realized that I shouldn't let my grades define me. And... I just wanna say thank you for... making me realize a lot of things. For making me dream on top of all."