Burden: Jaxon's POV

I'm at the grocery store grabbing things for Cole when Will calls me.

I assumed it was for him to give me crap for upsetting Tessa for the whole candy thing. I swear it wasn't what it looked like. I would never get back together with that witch. She was trying to tell me that she was worried about Tessa. Of course part of me believe the worry part because Tessa has been acting strange lately. She's been quiet and keeping to herself. I found it suspicious Candy would say something to me. I knew she wasn't being genuine about her so called "concern".
I feel absolutely horrible though. Tessa's been locked in her room all weekend. She won't come out to eat or anything. I can't help but completely blame myself so I asked Cole if he would make her favorite stir fry for dinner. Thankfully he agreed and that's what led me to being here at the grocery store.
I answer the phone and Will seems frantic. He's saying Tessa sent a worrisome message in their friend group chat and that something isn't right, SHES BEING BULLIED! How did I not see any of this. How could I have been so stupid. I cash out quickly and drive as fast as I can and get home in record time. I have an uneasy feeling settling in my stomach.
I run up the stairs and realize Cole and Leo are running behind me yelling for Tessa.
Cole breaks Tessa's door down. We run into the room and my whole body freezes when I hear Leo shout a painful scream and I see him carrying my baby sister to the bed with blood all over her and soaking wet. I'm holding a towel to her arm to try to stop the bleeding. She's pale with blue lips. She looks dead. But no, she can't be. I can't let me little baby sister die. She can't leave us again. She can't leave me again.
Lijah runs into the room and I'm yelling for him to call an ambulance.
Everything seemed to have happened so fast.
We were all waiting in the hospitals waiting room when the doctor came out and told us our bambina is okay and stable. My heart stopped for a minute. I have never been more thankful in my entire life.

I call William to let him know what happened. I can hear him choking back tears on the other end of the phone. He tells me he will call Amy and Liam to let them know she's okay. He asked if he could come but I told him it would be best to wait since we haven't seen her yet and she's still sleeping. He agreed.

My thoughts are just racing around my head. I can't believe she tried to kill herself. I can't believe I didn't see the signs. I should've checked don her more. I should've spent more time with her. I should have been there. I should've known what was happening. I should've paid more attention. How did I miss it all. I'm at school with her everyday. Manny and hank and Candy are going to hell for this. They didn't take the blade to her wrists but they sure a shell influenced it. I saw the messages they sent her and the comments they posted on social media about her. They started this bullying. When I get my hands on them, he'll will break loose.
Only Leo was allowed to go see Tessa in the icu ward. Cole, lijah and I sat in the waiting room still anxious but feeling much better knowing our sister is alive. Cole says he will be right back and he goes to call Cora to let her know what's happening since she's about six hours away visiting family. She will want to know though. Tessa's a little sister to her.
I just still can't believe we are back at the hospital because Tessa is injured.... again. But this time she did it to herself. I will never ever let her feel this alone again. I know what this feeling feels like to her. I've been there before. A few years back. My freshman year in high school I fell into a depression. A lot was going on and I couldn't handle all of the emotions. Luckily Leo noticed and he got me the help I needed. So I know that he will do anything and everything in his power to get Tessa the absolute best help. Her therapist Ha sheen amazing but I know she hasn't seen her in about a month.
I'm not going to allow my sister to feel alone and helpless ever again. She is single-handedly the most important person in my life.