Chapter 6

"Suspicious"

"Good"
"Now that everyone is here"-I said as I made myself comfortable against the hard surface of the wood.
"I have a few issues at hand"-I mentioned.
"Reiner,what the fuck are you even doing around here"-I asked him and stared through him.
"I haven't seen you make one effort to get up your ass and reach the fucking capital"-I said to him.
"Yes we are in the military now but its still not for sure that we get to the royal guard status,especially you Ymir,your perfomances have been very mediocre"-I explained out.
She sighed and nodded.
I looked towards Annie and got on my feet,she was staring at the ground.
I crouched so she could meet my eyesight.
"I heard about what you did"-I said slowly.
"Don't do that again,you're precious to us,don't put yourself into harms way deliberitaly,and don't contact Kenny again"-I said to her and she sighed and nodded.
I got up and said-"Alright meeting's over,go do whatever the fuck you all get up to around here"

Sunlight creeped its way into my eyes as I slowly woke up from my sleep.
I recollected my thoughts as I noticed that everyone was sleeping,everyone except Annie.
I saw her body move around until she caught glimpse of me.
Her eyes were baggy and an outline of gray had been drawn all over them.
She got up slowly and walked towards me.
I shed her a little smile and she smiled at me too,the first time she had ever done that in front of me.
She sat on the edge of my bed and made her way to my pillow,I made a bit of space for her and she slid in.
I went back in and turned around,I put my hand over her and I held her close to me.
She put her hand on my arm and whispered-"I'm cold"
I got even closer to her and hugged her tightly-"Sleep,you're fine"-I whispered into her ear.
Although I had no intentions of doing anything I still held her,in a friendly way...I think.

Hours had passed and noone had woken up,Annie was still awake and she had her head on my chest,we were just talking to each other,she was running her fingers through my abdomenial and stomach area and it made my skin crawl,but I didn't mind.
"I miss my dad"-She mentioned in the middle of the conversation which we had about our "homeland".
"Yeah"-I muttered out quietly-"I miss my uncle"-I lied trying to be relatable.
"Do you think we can ever be a thing"-She bluntly asked me.
"What do you mean"-I asked back keeping my composure.
"Nevermind,I'm just tired"-She explained and sighed quietly.
I liked her,as a sister,and Bertholdt obviously liked her,in a more romantic way,so...no
"No"-I said to her coldly.
She didn't respond,rather pretending to sleep.
I moved out of the way and went outside.
The massive amounts of wind blew onto my face making my eyes close due to the pressure.
Was I too cold to Annie?
I asked myself as I took off my jacket.
I was topless and I went towards the lake.
I sat on the edge of the lake.
This lake was the same one where me and Reiner took Eren to practice his ODM balance.
It was relaxing for some reason.

Probably hours passed,I was completely silent and still.
"Hey"-I heard a light voice say.
I turned around fast to be faced by Armin.
"What do you want"-I said coldly,he was extremely smart,only problem,he was weak,both physically and emotionally.
"I just wanted to say..."-He looked at the ground for a second...
"Stop being so mean"-He said.
I was a bit surprised.
I chuckled loudly.
"Sure"-I agreed,I extended my hand to him.
He shook it.
I had a smirk running across my entire face.
"You know,Armin,you're too smart for your own good"-I said as I sat down and he joined me.
"What did you actually wanna say to me"-I said as I looked towards him.
He was trembling.
"Relax,we're friends"-I said in the most cheerful tone possible.
"Are...we...or are you...a fake..."