Silence

*Ravenclaw Y/N and Hermione have bad blood between them*

                     It all started during first year, when Hermione had introduced herself to a seemingly shy Ravenclaw student, who was a first year as well. However, the girl hadn't responded to her, only stared with conflict in her eyes. Hermione learned the girl's name, Y/N L/N, and from that point on, she had hated her guts.

         Now being a fifth year, and still holding onto that grudge, Hermione avoided all contact with her, and liked to talk shit when she could. Like today, in the corridors, when she was brought up. Unfortunately for her, Y/N was passing through as the topic was being hissed out of Hermione's mouth, venom in her words. 

                Ron had brought the h/c-haired girl up. "So, remember that girl who wouldn't talk to you back in first year? Well-" Hermione gritted her teeth. "Oh, yes. That git? I remember her! The bitch wouldn't talk to me, and all I was trying to do was be nice. If she wants to be a jackass, then I wish she wouldn't do it at Hogwarts!"

              Harry awkwardly tapped Hermione's shoulder, pointing to a girl who's face was streaked with tears, with an owl perched on her shoulder, who's chest was puffed with pride. "I think Y/N heard you." Ron snapped angrily at Hermione as Y/N ran off, her owl still perched on her shoulder. "Listen to what I was going to say! This wouldn't have happened if you would listen! She's mute Hermione! She couldn't respond because she doesn't know sign language, and she didn't have paper or a quill on her! Oh, and she's [insert sexuality]."

           "O-oh....OH MERLIN I FUCKED UP!" Hermione yelped, her eyes storming with guilt. Harry scratched the back of his neck nervously. "Yeah, you kind of did." Hermione spotted a timid little Ravenclaw first year and approached him. "Hey, what's your house's password?" He looked stunned. "W-why should I-I give it-" Hermione cut him off. "I need to help Y/N." The little boy happened to be Y/N's cousin, so he gladly gave the password.

              Hermione dashed her way to the Ravenclaw Common Room after giving the password, which was, much to Hermione's displeasure, "Disabilities Are Okay." Hermione ran into Y/N room, and the sight she saw broke her heart. The girl was curled up on her side, burying her face into a blue pillow, letting out silent sobs.

          Hermione gently laid a hand on Y/N's shoulder, painfully aware of the notepad and quill next to Y/N. Y/N peeked up her watery e/c eyes at the girl who had touched her, and blinked with surprise. Hermione took a deep breath. 

            "Look, Y/N. I'm so sorry for what I said. I-" Hermione was cut off by a paper being aggressively shoved into her hands. In small hand writing, the paper read: No, you're not.

            Hermione gently pushed the paper into the crying girl's hands, who's face was contorted into a dangerous and extremely scary scowl. "Look, I had no idea you were mute until just a few seconds ago. I wouldn't have been such an asshole towards you if I had known. I am so sorry."

               Hermione watched as Y/N quietly scrawled a message onto the sheet of paper again, her face now loosened into a wary look. The girl gently pushed the paper into Hermione's hands. The note read: Do you mean it? I mean, you sounded sincere, but honestly, I can never be too sure. Hermione chuckled and placed her hand on top of Y/N's.

             "Yes, I really am sorry. To be honest, the only reason I was so mad was because I thought you were cute. So when you wouldn't respond to me, I figured you had a gaydar and had picked up on the fact I was interested in you, so you subtly rejected me." Y/N smiled wide, her stained face brightening and her hand now writing another message on that paper. Y/N pushed it, once again, into Hermione's hands.

         It read: So, what you're saying is, you like me in "that" way? Hermione's face flushed. "W-well I mean, I do but you obviously wouldn't like me, s-since I had been such a bi-" Hermione's ramble was cut off by Y/N's soft lips connecting with her's. The contact made what felt like fireworks go off in Hermione's stomache. The heat of the kiss made both girls' bodies tremble with delight, especially when Hermione finally getting over the shock and had wrapped her arms around Y/N's waist, pulling the girl closer.

           Hermione groaned into the kiss, the need for contact from the other girl was unexplainable. She had deprived herself of what she wanted for too long, and she desired the other's touch with a wild passion. Their kisses got hungrier and wilder as time passed, wrapped up in each other. That's when both girls realized, they would always need each other. And nothing could tear them apart. Not even the silence.