chapter fourteen

"What did you do over the weekend?" I asked my father, backing away from the hug.

"Not to much. We went to the art museum on Saturday, which was quite like the one we have in the cities back home," My father replied.

"Mum, do you know where the clean laundry is? Mine is all dirty from camp," A voice called out from up the stairs.

"Toby, who is the other voice? Because that's not me talking," I questioned.

"Thats my younger sister Lani. She wasn't home over the weekend because of a camp she was staying at," Toby responded.

I nodded my head.

"So, what shall we make for this cooking stream?" Tommy asked.

"Burgers!" I exclaimed, jumping up in the air like a toddler.

"Buurgers?" Toby and Tommy asked in unison.

"They're really good. Its a patty of beef that has cheese and other yummy things on it," I said, wishing that that there was another American in the house other than my father.

"Well then, it looks like you're the one who is teaching us how to make the food," Toby said.

"Well, I think that i am capable of doing that. But I think that this cooking stream is going to me cooking and you guys just joking around," I muttered underneath my breath.

"Actually Cam, I'm a pretty decent chef, considering that I haven't burned the house down yet," Toby boasted.

'Well, while you two get the cameras set up, I'll go change into something more suitable to be seen on camera," I stated walking out of the room.

I brushed through my hair, untangling all of the snarls. I washed my face quickly, applying some more mascara.

I didn't need any concealer this time. The past two nights that I had slept with Tommy was better than any other night in my entire life.

Once I was finished, I walked back into the kitchen. Seeing that all the cameras and computers were all setup, I began to gather our supplies.

"Cam do you have a recipe or are we doing this from scratch?" Toby asked, adjusting a screw on one of the cameras.

"Definitely from scratch! It makes it all the better. But I do have a recipe ingraded on my memory. It was from when my mother used to make dinner for us. She made these weekly, so I picked up the recipe relatively quick," I responded placing all the ingredients on the center island.

"Alright, it seems as though we are ready to start the stream," Toby said smiling.

"So how should I come into the stream? I've never done this before and I don't want to mess it up," I questioned.

"Uhh, why don't you and Tommy come in together when it seems right. The chat is going to love having you here again Cam," My cousin stated rubbing his hands together.

"I can do that," Tommy said pulling me out of the camera's view.

Toby began the stream and talked to the chat for a few minutes.

"And guess what you wonderful lot! I have two guests for today's cooking stream. Big man TommyInnit and my cousin all the way from America, Cam," Toby exclaimed.

We both walked into the camera's view, Tommy shouting at the screen, his face full of happiness and joy.

The chat exploded with many more messages that flew by to quick to even read.

"Cam, do you want to tell everyone what we're making?" Toby asked.

"Well, from what I've seen from both of your cooking skills, it's probably going to be me cooking most of it," I muttered.

"The only thing you're supposed to roast is the food, not us Cam," Tommy replied.

"The three of us are making burgers. Because what is the first thing you think of when you think of America?" I asked.

"Guns," Tommy said bluntly.

Toby burst out laughing.

"No you're supposed to say burges Tom, not "guns"," I replied in a mocking tone.

"But anyways, we should start making the food because I would like to eat dinner."

"Tommy, do you think that you could slice the cheese?" I asked politely.

He nodded his head and went directly to work.

"Toby, can you wash the tomatoes and lettuce?"

"Right away chef!" He exclaimed.

"Okay, then I'm going to start with the beef."

I cut open the packaging and using a spoon to get the meat into a bowl.

I felt someone tap on my shoulder. I turned to see my father standing in the door way.

"Sweetie, we need to talk."

Word Count~ 767