"36

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀AMOS PUSHED THE vehicle in park as he waited. He stared up at the large house, waiting for Apryl to exit out the tall, glass double doors. He glanced down, pinching at his nails as a small hangnail caught his attention. It was weird to him that even the smallest scrap of skin could hurt so badly. He lifted his index finger to his mouth, trying to trim it with his teeth as he returned his eyes forward. He paused in the middle of his action as Apryl skipped out, walking carefully to his truck even though she had sandals, that strapped around her ankles, on. He pushed his door out and exited, making his way around the front of the mobile. He couldn't help but admire her beauty— her petite frame, fair, clear skin and just the overall way she carried and kept herself up.

She giggled covering her face to the side behind her red nails that matched her read purse she held by the shorter straps in the opposite hand. She smiled hard as he beat her to passenger side, opening the door for her. She felt her cheeks heat in a blush as he grabbed her hand, lifting her up. He'd noticed her toes were painted red too as she did. He gave her a light smack on her butt as it flashed across his face, squeezing the material of her light washed jeans.  Her long sleeve, white crop top hugged her small waist and chest as her charmed 'A' necklace sat in the middle of her chest. Amos leaned upward, placing kisses on her glossed lips as she pecked his back.

He hurried back around to the other side to get in and pull out of the long driveway. As he did, he could see in the corner of his eye her adjusting her bun of fresh, black box braids on top of her head. Her lashes flared outward as she concentrated. "You look so good, mama." He complimented, trying to keep his attention on the road. He'd planned a date for her and he was excited to take her on it just a week after being back in town from home. It seemed she'd prepared well in the meantime too—popping out with a whole new hairdo on him. "Like amazin', fo'real." He continued.

She bit down on her lip then released, looking down inside of his whip. "Thank you, baby. You look fine as always." He sucked his teeth and glanced at her, stretching his neck. "Yeen' gotta' compliment me back every time. Ian' needing that because I legitimately think you look. .so good." He emphasized at the end, letting his teeth sink deeply into his bottom lip as he got another glance before refocusing on the road again. It was baffling to her how much him and Kielce were such opposites. She hated she compared them but it wasn't intentional and almost unavoidable.

She leaned her body over the armrest and clamped her hand beneath his chin, gently kissing the side of his neck. She let her lips brush against his ear as she whispered. "You really tryna' get some right here, right now." He shook his head in disagreement. He licked his lips. "Nah, baby. Ion' need that from you eitha'. Just seein' ya' face turn me on. I really just wanna kiss you and on you the rest of the day." She remained quiet, not having a remark to that. All she could do was turn to the side some so she'd be slightly face to face with him, planting small kisses on his lips as he kept firm attention to the street. She held the side of his face, slowing her kiss and pushed his lips apart. Her tongue slithered in as she shut her eyes, humming into his mouth softly.

It was as he could feel the glint of bliss polish over his eyes. He pulled back, enjoying it too much too soon into their first date. He wanted to start things off wholesome, not having this in a while but later, it could down. She noticed him pulling away and figured he was holding back but she didn't take it personal. She knew his intent was to be a gentleman if anything, not a disliking towards her. He was a more and more reassuring to her and her insecurities. She sat back against the passenger seat, saying, "I wanna ask where we're going but I don't want to ruin the surprise. I'm so excited, though." She smiled. He side smiled and nodded.

"Yeah, don't. Just sit back and enjoy the ride." She glanced in the corner of her eye, overlooking him. His royal blue shirt hung loosely from his body just right as his two angel chains sat on top of his chest perfectly. She never seen him without them, but she questioned it. His fitted cap sat on the edge of his head, tilted to the side some. "Oh, I am." She responded smoothly. He chuckled.