"38

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀KITTY STARED OUT the window of the car, squinting his eyes a bit. Pierre held the phone up to his ear as he looked out the side window and the front, up past the driver. They were on their way to the airport to leave Virginia. "Stop right hea'." Kitty demanded as they were just about to pass the BBQ shack. Pierre paused his conversation, furrowing his eyebrows as he looked over at him. "We need to go." The car still begin to slow some as Kitty unbuckled his seatbelt. "I'm hungry, I'm just tryna' see if he open."

Pierre continued to stare at him then made a gesture for the driver to stop completely and he did. Pierre pulled out a couple of hundreds and handed it to him before he exited the car. Kitty grabbed it, always gladly taking free money. He pushed the car door out once it was no longer moving and climbed out, slamming the door behind himself. He strutted up to the building, glancing around the perimeter as he noticed cameras. He made a fist as he knocked sternly, placing a hand on his hip. Kitty used his right hand to slide his shades up to the top of his head just as he saw eyes peak past the curtains as they returned back to their prior state just as quick. That seemed suspicious to him so he knocked again.

"Jimmy, open up." He said just loud enough for him to hear him from the other side of the door but not to bring any attention from distant neighbors or Pierre. Soon, the locks were undid and the door was pulled open. The nervousness was read in his face, but he did his best to cover it up. "Ma-Kitty, I haven't opened yet so 'ion quite have those wings ya' like ready. Grease not even heating up, yet." Jimmy made small talk, wiping his hands with the rag he held as he walked inside, glancing around the restaurant. It'd been a minute since he'd been in here especially since the shooting. He stopped his walking and turned to face him again.

"Nah, it's fine. I'm actually not here for food." Jimmy furrowed his eyebrows as he swallowed slowly. "Well what exactly can I help ya' with." "The shooting. .I wanna know what happened or if you at least saw anything since the place is here, right where it happened." The question he'd dreaded. He felt the sweats form and puddle in his palms as his throat grew dry. He'd wondered if Dajon had squealed, his youthfulness being his hinderance. He flipped the rag from his shoulder, starting to wipe down a nearby table.

"Ah, 'ion know nothing about that there shooting, Kit. I don't even know why'd ya' come here thinkin' I did. Ya' know my hours, I was closed by then." Jimmy replied, contradicting himself as he did.

"How you know what time it happened, if ya' don't know nothing?" Kitty squinted his eyes and loosely folded his arms. Jimmy stared back at him before he chuckled anxiously. He covered his mouth with a fist and cleared his throat. "I mean you've got cameras all around the moth—" that's when Jimmy cut Kitty off.

"I think it's time for you to go." He stated sternly. They stared intently at each other for a moment before Kitty scoffed and walked over towards the door. Jimmy waited by the door, in front of the window, to open it once he got closer. "You just better hope shit don't backfire on you. But you supposed to bring the community togetha', right? Oh." Jimmy was fixing to say something but he got a glimpse out the window, seeing who was in the far left side of the backseat of the car. He pushed Kitty towards the side, holding him. "What the hell are you doing?"

"Get down."

"What the fuck are you doin'? Get the hell off me." Kitty pushed him aggressively causing him to stagger a bit. He knitted his arched brows together strongly as he stared at him. "Hell is yo' problem, Jim? I'll whoop yo' ass you ever put yo' hands on me again."

"That's him." Jimmy stared out the window. The wrinkles and laugh lines of his face stretched lower as he stared in a trance. "Who?" Kitty interrogated, only seeing the car he'd came in. "Him, that guy. He. ." Jim begun, glancing off at him before back to the window. "He came here after the shooting."