TWO | year 3

FRIENDS?

Splash! A carriage wheel shatters the glassy surface as Cassiopeia looks out the window. She is seated with two students, who is staring at her and whispering.

She rolled her eyes, "I can hear you whisper you know." The two girls looked away in fear. Maybe they know she's a Malfoy.

Lightning bleaches the sky, the sound of raindrops hitting the floor. Cassiopeia fixes her black tie, ready to be sorted. The sound of chattering first year behind her was heard as a old looking witch with glasses that sit upon her nose introduces the houses.

Cassiopeia did not listen, considering that she knew what house she will be sorted in. The chatters of the first years became quiet and soon they started to walk inside the Great Hall. Cassiopeia was about to follow, when:

"Miss Malfoy." said Snape, who was standing behind her. Cassiopeia turned around, and inwardly groaned.

Oh yeah, I forgot he's here.

"Snape." She greeted.

"It's Professor Snape to you." He narrowed his eyes, "I'm head of the Slytherin House and A Potions Professor, and I demand you to show some respect."

"Yeah, whatever." said Cassiopeia. "Now, if you don't mind, I shall be off to get sorted."

"Not so fast." He stopped her, "You will be called after first years."

"Fine." huffed Cassiopeia.

•••

"Now, thank you first years." said Dumbledore, smiling happily. "The sorting has not finished."Students frown and Hermione looked around for the girl with platinum blonde hair that she met on the train.

"I would like all of you to welcome a transferee student from the school Beauxbatons..." Dumbledore motioned to the door, just as Cassiopeia walked in.

"Who's she?"
"She's a Malfoy!"
"What? I didn't know Lucius Malfoy has a daughter!"

Her platinum blonde hair flowed. Gasps, murmurs, whispers and eyes follow as she walked. Hermione smiles, and Harry's eyes follow, his brow furrowed and his face twisted into a frown. Another Malfoy?

"Cassiopeia Malfoy!" smiled Dumbledore. Draco sat in his seat confident as ever, watching his sister being the centre of attention. Hermione blinked, she had no idea that the kind girl she met on the train was a Malfoy!

Cassiopeia sat down on the very small stool, and the hat was placed on her head. But not three seconds later, the hat yelled: "SLYTHERIN!!"

The Slytherin students clapped their hands, and Cassiopeia smiled, sat down next to Draco and she looks for the bushy hair girl from earlier. Cassiopeia spotted her, and she smiled, waving and Hermione smiled.

"Now that we are settled and sorted, Welcome! Welcome to another year at Hogwarts!" greeted Dumbledore. "I have a few thing to say, before we become befuddled by our excellent feast. I myself am particularly looking forward to the flaming kiwi cups, which, while somewhat treacherous for those of us with facial hair..."

McGonagall clears her throat and Dumbledore paused for a moment and continued. Draco rolled his eyes and Cassiopeia frowned at him.