2. Mia

Monday.

A new day of the week, a new day of yet another year of highschool. With seniors graduating and new faces being welcomed, my second year of highschool is about to start. Jimin is extra enthusiastic today, refilling his energy for the year that is awaiting us.

" I bet it's going to be a lot more fun now that we are seniors. "

" You say that only because you'll get more chicks to hit on. " I reply as I can see the school gate nearing. A chuckle is what I get in return for my honest remark.

" You never know. " he says, sliding his backpack from one shoulder to another. I don't ask if it has any hidden meaning, knowing Jimin he won't tell me easily too.

We walk through various groups of students and enter the premises of our hellhole, well at least it is for me. If it wasn't for the boy walking beside me, I wouldn't have survived the social abduction this place so shamelessly promotes.

I wouldn't mind being a bookworm but that wasn't the only life I wanted. Going out with friends and having fun like a normal high schooler would be something that anyone wants. My dad is pretty satisfied with my grades and often pushes me to ' open up ' and have fun with others. He says I shouldn't be wasting my youth only by learning formulas.

" You should loosen up a bit. Not all boys are blessed with good looks like you yet here you are rejecting every single girl who asked you out last year. If anything, you should have a girlfriend already. " Jimin rants knowing I would be the least interested in this subject.

" I'm not interested in dating any of them right now. " I say hoping he would drop the topic already. But much to my dismay he doesn't, instead he carries on with a mischievous glint in his eyes.

" Seems hard to believe. That Hannah girl was quite a catch. Unless you don't swing that way. "

" I'm very much straight Jimin. And I've had my share. "

He chuckles, instantly busying himself by roaming his eyes in every corner of the building. Maybe someone may catch his eye.
It was true, I was approached by a good number of girls, some were even seniors. The first year of highschool I spent maintaining my record of good grades with a few flings, but those were just one night things. Dating wasn't in my interest, nor did I find the right girl to be my first girlfriend.

A lot of familiar faces and a lot unfamiliar ones too are crowded by the locker hallway. As much as the start of another year excites me, I've never been a big fan of being a social butterfly. A cluster of voices surround me, suddenly a hot topic is being passed by student to student, their eyes fixed in distance to something, or should I say certain someone.

A trio of girls surrounded by some guys are probably the main focus of the crowd right now. The first girl with jet black hair is glued to one of my last year classmates, Jacob if I remember correctly. The second one rather isn't paying attention to anything in her surrounding, too busy scrolling through her phone while the third girl with blonde hair and a fair height is blabbering something to her. The second girl has a beautiful shade of auburn to her hair, I wonder why she put them up in a ponytail rather than letting them loose. She would look prettier that way.

I avert my gaze before she catches me staring and I invite unnecessary trouble to myself. A few whispers are heard from the people around me.

" Is that her? The one who was caught with a teacher at a motel last year? The blonde one? "

" Nah dude I heard she was drugged. Though I would say she's pretty hot. " Alex, whom I recognize from the basketball team says to his friend.