19

Choi Jaewon managed to finish her assignment by Friday despite the few innocent kisses that had taken place while she and Beomgyu worked.

After Beomgyu had handed the assignment in, both sighed in relief, happy they wouldn't have to work in this class ever again since Summer was almost here.

The next week, Jaewon was very surprised when she received the highest grade in class along with Beomgyu. The english teacher was undoubtedly proud and was especially nice to Jaewon for the rest of the class, happy she was finally back to being the good and smart student she was.

Occasionally Jaewon still fell asleep in class but unlike before, it wasn't out of boredom. It was out of tiredness from her job.

Soobin was still the only person who knew all about Jaewon's life and so when he saw her tired, he understood the reason for it.

"Why are you working extra?" he asked her, handing her a drink.

Jaewon looked up from the table before grabbing the refreshment and opening it, a popping sounds taking place as she did so.

"I need more money for Taehyun's trip. Although he said not to worry about it, I still want to have enough to enjoy and have a good time." Jaewon replied before taking a sip.

Satisfied with the soda, she glanced at Soobin whose lips were on his vanilla ice-cream looking thoughtful.

She let out a small smile and shook her head before taking another sip.

"I understand why you are working but make sure you take a break." Soobin said before adding on.

"Why don't you come over for a sleepover tomorrow?"

Jaewon shook her head at once, simply not wanting to.

"First of all, we are going to spend 2 weeks living and spending time together soon, why do you want a sleepover? Second of all, I'm pretty sure Beomgyu's gonna get mad at you for inviting me tomorrow of all days when he's taking me out." she chuckled and Soobin let out an 'oh' sound.

"Well, see you on Monday then." he said after a few minutes, standing up and existing the convenience store as he waved.

Jaewon smiled before finishing her drink and walking out of the store, heading towards her own house.

❅ ❅ ❅

The next day was Saturday so Jaewon had plenty of time to pick an outfit and get ready. She left for Beomgyu's house 30 minutes before the actual time and was happy when she arrived early.

but upon entering his room, she was beyond shocked to see Jisoo.

Choi Beomgyu was even more surprised when Jaewon had showed up earlier than planned. Glancing towards Jisoo, he understood how the situation would have looked like before shaking his head and hands at once.

"It's not what you think-" he started but was interrupted by Jisoo who waved at Jaewon and strutted out the door.

"I- Explain." Jaewon said, anger filling her.

"She just showed up, minutes before you claiming that she needed a friend! I said no to her of course since I was taking you out today but then she got clingy!" He answered truthfully, voice rising a little in panic.

Jaewon looked at him unsure before nodding.

"Let's just go." she replied and turned around, heading out of the house while Beomgyu grabbed his phone and quickly followed.

Although Jaewon had agreed to go and didn't say anything more about his explanation, their date didn't go as well as planned and she had ended it early, saying that she had to go home to complete homework.

It was the last week of school and Beomgyu already knew she completed her homework but nodded anyways, knowing she needed to be alone right now. But before she left, he held onto her hand and pulled her into a hug.

Surprised, Jaewon's hands remained by her side before Beomgyu gently pulled away and sighed.

"I like you and I only like you." he whispered sweetly into her ear, attempting to reassure her.

Jaewon blushed before playfully pushing the male away.

"I know."

Beomgyu took a step back, a small smile on his face before giving a small wave. Jaewon turned around and started to walk away before glancing back at Beomgyu.

"I like you too." she said before running off as Beomgyu blushed hard.