Chapter 23

Helena's pov

I hoped we'd get along well.

"Would you like to drink something?" I asked politely, sitting next to her on the couch. "Yes, a red wine," she claimed and I frowned at her.

Being pregnant, she wanted to drink red wine? Maybe she didn't know that wine wasn't good for the baby?

After all, she didn't intend to get pregnant, it just happened, but I was happy that they decided to keep the baby.

"Wine isn't good for the development of your baby at all," I informed her with a smile. "What about a fruit tea?"

"Okay," she agreed ignorantly, playing with the end of her hair, chewing her gum a little too loud for my liking.

"Lilly, please bring us some fruit teas," I asked Lilly before she nodded her head and left.

"I heard that a misfortune happened to you in Mexica, that you got attacked and robbed, hope you and the baby are fine?" I asked her.

"We are good, but it's traumatizing to get attacked, being defenceless, not knowing if you'll get out alive or not," she claimed pensively.

"I understand." I looked at her softly, nodding my head, showing my empathy by placing my hand over hers.

"Aren't you from the Drakon family? How should a princess like you, born in wealth, always being sheltered and take care of, understand it?" she asked, looking at me judgingly.

"I am, but I wasn't born with a silver spoon in my mouth as you believe, my real family found me when I was nineteen, and I had a normal citizen life for eighteen years until my husband now decided back then that he wanted to marry me," I explained her my painful past in a decent way.

"Your smart ass married rich before finding out you are rich?" she asked me with a chuckle. "Damn girl! How did you wrapped him around your poor pinky? You must be good in bed!"

"No, that's not how it was," I muttered, a little embarrassed, "he knew who my real family was, that was the main reason why he wanted to marry me."

"I heard that the Drakons were a wealthy family, no wonder he wanted you, power plays an important role in the mafia," she remarked.

"The Drakons are still alive, Margarita, their bloodline live in my children and I." Most of my family members were dead, but our bloodline was still alive.

"You really are a rich bitch, huh? After inheriting everything from your family as the last member?" she asked me curiously.

"There is more valuable things than money in this world, believe me," I said firmly. I would give all those millions up if it brought my family, that I never really had a chance to get to know, back.

"Like?" she asked sceptically. "Love," I smiled at her, "and family."

"Love and family?" she laughed at me. "Girl, you are really naive! Love only exists in romance books! Look at your husband, he just married you for your status!"

"I agree that his intention weren't pure back in time, our relationship hasn't started romantic, but then things changed, we fell in love, madly, and have now beautiful children together." I muttered, smiling at my baby in my arms.

"Children? There are more of them?" she asked, nodding to Alana in my arms. "Yes," I told her with a nod.

"Is she your youngest?" she asked me. "Yes, her name is Alana. Do you want to hold her?" I asked her.

"Why not," she agreed with a shrug. I carefully put Alana in her arms. "How many children do you have?" she asked me.

"Four, and be gentle, if you squeeze her with those nails, you will hurt her," I muttered worriedly, loosening her grip on her.