ch. 16 ♪ the run-in.

CHAPTER SIXTEEN:the run-in

CHAPTER SIXTEEN:
the run-in.

"Hello, Y/N!" Historia Reiss greeted from the inside of the shop.

"Hi!" I said, putting my purse down on the pink pouf near the entrance of the luxurious store. "Sorry for coming so late."

"No problem. Back so soon?" She said kindly, placing a black gown on the rack.

"Mhm. Jean sent me here to pick up fabric samples?" I said, shrugging slightly. "For his and Marco's ties?"

"Oh! Yeah, come with me to the back," Historia nodded, snapping her fingers in the directions of the back room.

Historia owned her own clothing label, a label under the Fritz Design Co. Her designs were heavenly; she always seemed to know what would fit the event.

I opted for her clothing occasionally- her store was a bit more on the expensive side. I didn't really enjoy spending money unnecessarily. However, being well-known meant that wearing her clothes helped her business, so we weren't obligated to pay. She insisted on our outfits being "on the house" a lot.

Historia handed me a small pink paper bag. "There you go!"

"Thanks, Hisu. Is there a dress fitting open for July?" I asked, "I've never really been to a red carpet movie premiere, and I was hoping you'd design my dress?"

"Me? Really?" said Historia, taken aback by my request. "Of course! That'd be awesome publicity!"

"Great, that's awesome," I smiled. "I'll still pay. Thanks, really."

"Of course, N/N. I'll message you the details," Historia said, propping herself on the counter. "Gosh, I miss Ymir. She's still not back from her business trip. But I suppose being a manager is taxing, isn't it?"

"Hey, at least you have a significant other," I sighed, laying my forehead on the marble top.

"I can't even imagine how you feel right now," Historia mumbled, shaking her head. She brought out a tray of cookies from a cabinet under the counter, setting them in front of my forehead. "Have a cookie."