oh shit.. that's suicide man

Claire

Three weeks was enough to forget about suicide man. Well, that's what I thought. I walked down the ally, all hoodied up, trying to avoid eye contact with the hobos and thieves. He asked me to meet him in the bar down the ally. Only that it was not just a bar, it was just a cover-up for various criminals to conduct their shady businesses. I entered and went straight to the back.

They were smoking when I entered. The gang, some of the most dangerous criminals in the world were there. So was my mentor.

"You are here." He said simply and I nodded.

"Here," he handed me an envelope and a file.
"This is a very important task, no mistakes." He waved me off and I left. In my world, we are people of few words. And for my mentor to give me a job himself, it meant it was extremely important.

*
I removed my hoodie and went straight into the shower. Immediately after that, I jumped into my shorts and tube top. I removed the papers in the file and saw pictures of the vice president, the Senator for New York City and another shock.

"Oh shit, that's suicide man!" I exclaimed and run my hands through my hair. He was the target. Life was a misery, and to think I saved his life about a month ago. I shrugged and read the details for the press conference that was being held all the while eating my lollipop.

*
Nothing productive was on the news channels. I watched a news report as I continued to clean my Barrett M28. The conference was at ten pm at Astor Hall. I placed my sniper in the bag, and decided on a dagger, just in case something untoward happened. I wore my black leggings and a leather jacket. I decided to go with black Nike.

**
I was supposed to kill suicide man. According to the file, he was the Stepson of the Vice President and the son of the newly elected Senator of New York.

"Suicide man" his name escaped my lips. I waved the thought of him away. Astra Hall was in the Stephen A. Schwarzman Building. It was located in the heart of Manhattan so it was surrounded by other buildings. I found the hotel directly opposite from it. As usual, I found my way in the building and went to the roof. I placed the bipod assembly on the wall, looked through the telescope to check if I could spot the target.

*
My heart oddly skipped a beat when I saw him. Suicide man was standing by the Senator. I placed the red light on him, my hand ready to put a bullet in his head.

I missed. I hit the senator's leg instead. I took the sniper and left the building to the Astra hall. Immediately I got there, I saw bodyguards surrounding the vice president and a medical team trying to save a forty-year-old woman's leg.

Then him

I simply grabbed him and dragged him out of the building while people were running for their lives.

*
"What the heck was that?" He asked me, immediately we settled in my Benz.

"That was shit."

I said simply, looking into my side mirror.

I turned my head to look at him and my heart did that beat skipping again.

"You are in danger." I swerved the coming cars and took a sharp turn.

"Danger?" He asked me and gave me that look that suggested how crazy I was.

I parked in front of my apartment and run inside, leaving him to his thoughts.

I saved his life the second time, and now they would come after me. I had to clear out.

I took out all my weapons, everything. Wiped my apartment clean and run out.

When I got there, the car was empty. I got inside and searched for him. Two SUVs had surrounded him. With two guns in my hand, I shot them dead.

"Get inside the car!" I told him and turned to shoot another.

"What is happening?" He asked again.

"I was supposed to kill you today, I am a contract killer. But I didn't. So they are after us"

I hated to lie. He looked at me horrified and blinked severally.

"To kill? Who me?" He asked rhetorically, a frown furrowing his brows. I looked at him and saw the hurt in his eyes. It didn't take long for me to come back to my senses when bullets started flying at us. I was dead, and so was he. He looked terrified.

And honestly, I was too, for his life.

Hi loves, I have missed all of you so much.
How did you find this chapter??
Was it exciting??

Well, it gets better. Please don't forget, share and comment.

Byee and happy holiday celebrations to you all🎅🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲😍😍😍