Chapter 15: Christmas

~~~

"Danzo-sama," Many ROOT members including Naruto said, kneeling down towards Danzo. He nodded at them and began explaining what he had called them all here for.

"As you know, Hiruzen knows about this subdivision and has allowed it to continue for years on end." Everyone nodded, still kneeling down to Danzo.

"But due to recent actions, Hiruzen has found out about my exploits of murder, kidnap, experimentation, and many more. And has said that ROOT is disbanded and is no more." Before anyone could say anything, Danzo continued.

"But Hiruzen was the one who said that, not me. You all take orders from me and not Hiruzen. So when I say that ROOT is not disbanded then it's not disbanded. As long as we are here, we support the tree." Danzo was looking down on everyone.

"And we will continue to do so, whether are disbanded or alive. We shall continue as ROOT and only as ROOT. The people who have no names, no emotion. We only focus future and nothing else. For ROOT!" Yelled Danzo at the end.

"For ROOT!" Everyone yelled. This brought a large smirk to Danzo's face.

"Good, you all are dismissed." Everyone nodded, slowly disappearing from Danzo's sight all at once.

~~~

Naruto sighed, sneakily going inside his apartment. God, his life was getting harder and harder by the day. He had seen better days. Naruto took off his mask and hid it to the side inside a scroll.

ROOT was disbanded but was also not disbanded.

Yes, it wasn't disbanded at all. They just had to keep a low profile until further notice by Danzo. Naruto stretched his limbs out, putting on his attire for the day.

Naruto jumped outside and onto the streets of Konoha. It has been a year since the incident with him and Satsuki. Everyone in class was around the age of 8 — including Naruto.

It was currently December 15 and it was quite close to Christmas.

The academy hadn't done anything for Christmas due to obvious and controversial reasons. Naruto had a warm orange jacket and a warm orange pants to his very disposal.

It was cold — very cold. Naruto walked through the streets of Konoha.

God, I hope it doesn't snow this year. Though Naruto knew better than that — it was definitely going to snow this year. Naruto looked at the amount of people selling their goods for the day.

Not many. Thought Naruto, walking past the amount of sellers that were quickly selling their products for the day. Damn, people were slurping up the goods quickly this year.

Naruto looked up, seeing the clouds covering the beautiful sky above. Any moment now it could possibly snow. He didn't like Christmas at all. Reason being?

Naruto wasn't good at giving gifts. There was actual proof of that when he didn't give a gift to Satsuki and just gave her the vulgar words that he likes using all the time. Satsuki was still much the same.

Just a lot more. . . antisocial.

Naruto had finally reached the academy before he was considered late. He entered the halls of the academy and walked towards his designated room. He slid the door open, getting a few glares from Satsuki's fanboys.